View Full Version : quit exhaust

proff x
10-29-2005, 10:47 AM
hey iwa wondering what the quiteset exhaust besides stock is for the 450r i have an 2005 and looking at yoshimura, two brother and the dubach i was wondering also if the full systems headers did anything besides reduce weight thank you for your opinion

wanna_be_ridn
10-29-2005, 06:14 PM
Pretty much anything aftermarket is gonna be louder then stock by far, and a header is where you get the most of your power out of.

400excracer
10-29-2005, 06:47 PM
The header is where you get most of your power from? Not really. The stock head pipes for most sport quads are excellent. If you talk to most exhaust makers they will tell you that. The only reason they make them is they make more $ for a full system. Get yourself a nice slipon and use the $ you would have spent on a full system and get yourself an HRC kit.

wanna_be_ridn
10-29-2005, 08:43 PM
lol, u know what comes in the HRC Kit? a better header.........

450RRyder
10-29-2005, 11:52 PM
try the big gun limited full exhaust. the insert that comes with it makes it quite.

400excracer
10-30-2005, 07:08 AM
The HRC may come with a different header, but that doesnt mean its better. The big diiference is in the cam, jetting, and air box mod. Your probably better off getting the Hot Cam with the EHS lid with a Dynojet kit.

400excracer
10-30-2005, 07:10 AM
Check out the Bub C-4. It has a quiet core insert that can be removed. Good power, nice workmanship, and quiet.

wanna_be_ridn
10-30-2005, 10:13 AM
ya but if it wasnt better why would they put it in a hop up kit?

Jonas
10-30-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by wanna_be_ridn
lol, u know what comes in the HRC Kit? a better header.........

The guys got an '05. Your thinking of the '06 HRC kit. It's good your considering getting a Q U I E T exhaust Proff

jmpulse
10-30-2005, 02:08 PM
As far as quiet exhausts go, stock is around 88dB. I beleive with the HRC end cap it is either 93 or 96dB. As far as quiet systems go, a bunch of companies make 96dB exhausts, but I have never seen any good power numbers out of them. The only two systems that are out there that make top power quietly are, LTE Racing Exhausts (http://www.lteracing.com/), which is at 93dB, making all the power of open systems. The other is the Pulse Charger at 96dB, also making equil power of the big systems.

proff x
10-30-2005, 06:13 PM
thanx how is the durability and maintence of the exhaust.

proff x
10-30-2005, 06:57 PM
so you like the power the noise is good how is the manenince how often do you have to repack

jmpulse
10-30-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by proff x
so you like the power the noise is good how is the manenince how often do you have to repack

I am assuming your asking about LTE?

I currently have about 40-50 hours on both of my systems, and I am probally going to repack before I head up to Oregon in Feb. What I am thinking that I am going to do is to preform a USFS dB test, and see if I need to re pack or not.

So far, I have yet to dammage any of the exhaust, even though I managed to have an exhaust stud pull out, tore up a-arm, two set of handle bars, brake lever, grab bar. I did manage to rip off both turn downs when I built my grab bar about two inches short, and wheelied over on pavement. My fault totally, I made contact with LTE, and new ones were going on the scilensers.

400excracer
10-31-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by wanna_be_ridn
ya but if it wasnt better why would they put it in a hop up kit? Because they can make more $ off of every body.

proff x
10-31-2005, 01:35 PM
is there any site to get the LTE exhaust for cheaper such as a rocky mountain type of deal. how is the pipe on the oppisite side do you get burned. what jetting do you use i already have a dyno jet kit i had a biggun but the maintence sucked you have to replace the packing every fifteen to 20 hours which is every two weeks our so then the entire enedcap started leaking i repacked but it didnt help

jmpulse
10-31-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by proff x
is there any site to get the LTE exhaust for cheaper such as a rocky mountain type of deal.

I haven't seen, but I haven't looked around lately.

how is the pipe on the oppisite side do you get burned.

As you can see in the pic, the idiot riding my quad in the pic is in shorts. Loose pants will hit on the headers, I always ride in my boots, so I never have an issue.

what jetting do you use i already have a dyno jet kit i had a biggun but the maintence sucked you have to replace the packing every fifteen to 20 hours which is every two weeks our so then the entire enedcap started leaking i repacked but it didnt help

I beleive that I am right around 186. about I was running slightly lean on the jet size the system came with.

proff x
11-01-2005, 12:42 PM
thanks

Ridin' Jesse
11-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by 400excracer
The header is where you get most of your power from? Not really. The stock head pipes for most sport quads are excellent. If you talk to most exhaust makers they will tell you that. The only reason they make them is they make more $ for a full system. Get yourself a nice slipon and use the $ you would have spent on a full system and get yourself an HRC kit.

well why do slip ons only give around 2-3 horsepower appx. and full systems range from like 5-7 appx?

desratt
11-12-2005, 06:40 PM
for quietness don't forget the fmf q
https://www.fmfracing.com/products/catalog.aspx?CategoryID=131

and fmf q2
https://www.fmfracing.com/products/catalog.aspx?CategoryID=263

and for header incorporate the powerbomb. which is actually quieter and produces more power then their high flow header.
https://www.fmfracing.com/products/catalog.aspx?CategoryID=125

also don't forget fmf's titanium 4 silencers come in multiple lengths for added quietness