PDA

View Full Version : True info

Trxracer53
10-28-2005, 09:08 PM
well im reading all the hype and its not true. the suzuki cant put out 60 hp. how can the pro's modified engines pump out 54 hp running on mega modified engines with 120 octane race fuel but a stock suzuki will put out 50+. I'm calling B.S. i say it puts out low 40's. and the factories will still put aftermarked parts on. i would still be warry of the frames too. suzuki can't build a frame for shi*. only plus is the suspension and a-arms. but if you wait a year buy a better bike from honda and yamaha that are widened out too.

jason14x
10-29-2005, 06:58 AM
About the attitude id expect from a guy whos screename starts with "TRX" anything . I am glad you know all the true information ! What would we do on these forums without all knowing people like you! Dude stop bagging on this thing just becasue your an Anti suzuki guy ! I cant stand when I see all the 15 year old type comments about machines and who knows what and blah blah blah etc.

Honestly I dont see Honda or Yamaha wideneing their bikes they sell just fine as is. As far as Suzuki building frames.....the first year Z-400s had some issues which they fixed...but that bike was not "purpose" built like this one......nor did it have Jeremiah Jones or Doug Gust helping design and address issues. My old quadracer held up fine it would get stress cracks here and there but Most the guys i know with Hondas and Yamahas get stress cracks in spots after a while.

My opinion is this......there are only about 10-15 people that REALLY KNOW anything about this bikes performance ! until the magazines get their test units and a few others ride this thing lets wait and see what suzuki has to say as well as those who get to ride it . Yes I am a Suzuki guy, have been for the last 20 years but im first and foremost a QUAD guy. Sorry guys but since this is an LTR450 forum what do you expect!

Jason

ps.....who the hell said 60 hp stock anyway I will agree with you there ! I do see it making close to 50 though!

10-31-2005, 09:53 AM
50 hp is not out of the question if the motor is built right and the injection system is doing it's job.

To say that it would be in the low 40's is a joke as I have ridden a Z-400 with cam and head work, with a higher comp piston and a 450r carb putting down 46rwhp on our dyno.

So add a larger displacement piston and EFI and 50 should be a easy target to hit.

Luecker
10-31-2005, 06:09 PM
60 HP modified is not out of the question. I read somewhere that Joe Byrds 450R was putting out 60 hp.

Trxracer53
11-02-2005, 06:05 PM
Well im not 15 nut close 18. I dont see it putting out 50 ponies though. Just because it has fue injection should make an outstanding performance gain. And im not a suzuki hater. My dad owns a YFZ 450, Sister a Polaris Trail Boss 330, which is quite possibly the fastest machine ever made, and other sister owns a Z-400. Im not hatein on suzuki its just honda and yamaha make the best frames. Ide wait a year to se what happens just like i did for my honda 450. I do wish i would have waited another year for the suzuki to came out, the only thing is whats the price going to be? the only reason i bought the honda is that its the cheepest. I cant afford over 7000 bucks for a quad. So over all i see a good race quad coming out, I would wait a year to see what major problems come up if any. Hence the Z-400s frames the first year.

Hawk III
11-03-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Trxracer53
Well im not 15 nut close 18. I dont see it putting out 50 ponies though. Just because it has fue injection should make an outstanding performance gain. And im not a suzuki hater. My dad owns a YFZ 450, Sister a Polaris Trail Boss 330, which is quite possibly the fastest machine ever made, and other sister owns a Z-400. Im not hatein on suzuki its just honda and yamaha make the best frames. Ide wait a year to se what happens just like i did for my honda 450. I do wish i would have waited another year for the suzuki to came out, the only thing is whats the price going to be? the only reason i bought the honda is that its the cheepest. I cant afford over 7000 bucks for a quad. So over all i see a good race quad coming out, I would wait a year to see what major problems come up if any. Hence the Z-400s frames the first year.

Sister a Polaris Trail Boss 330, which is quite possibly the fastest machine ever made

i had to quote it twice because that is one of the most assinine things i have ever heard.....that comment right there shows just how much you really know

Trxracer53
11-03-2005, 11:19 AM
well bud its called sarcasm. If you honestly thought that then im sorry. I have a Zfz a trx 450 and a Z-400. Now i guess that you should look into buying a sense of humor sometime in the near future. it makes life a little funner

AtvMxRider
11-03-2005, 02:40 PM
well bud its called sarcasm. If you honestly thought that then im sorry. I have a Zfz a trx 450 and a Z-400. Now i guess that you should look into buying a sense of humor sometime in the near future. it makes life a little funner

Maybe you should look into buying some spelling lessons:rolleyes:

JH_Racing188
11-03-2005, 04:04 PM
wtf is a Zfz

Hawk III
11-04-2005, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by JH_Racing188
wtf is a Zfz

450rkydude
11-06-2005, 02:40 PM
if i saw some kind of a shoutout of a ploaris sprotsman 700 vs a polaris sportsman 700 efi and there was no perfomance gain by the efi.

Trxracer53
11-06-2005, 07:16 PM
Well i guess that all this is all speculation and the only way to really find out is too wait. Everybody could be wrong maybe it will put out 60 hp at the rear wheels. maybe it'll be the slowest 450 or the fastest. All that is for sure is that it'll handle the best on a track and X-country racers will hate it. SO all that is said is all made up and quite possibly it will all be bull

Cindi
11-06-2005, 10:04 PM
Well i guess that all this is all speculation and the only way to really find out is too wait. Everybody could be wrong maybe it will put out 60 hp at the rear wheels. maybe it'll be the slowest 450 or the fastest. All that is for sure is that it'll handle the best on a track and X-country racers will hate it. SO all that is said is all made up and quite possibly it will all be bull

How do you know XC racers will hate it? From what I know the only guys who rode it were Gust and Jones. And from what they say all you need to do is reverse the rims or change them out. Show's you how much you all know. The bike is really cool and you guys will see that it is much more than you expect.:p
If it's not Oh well, The YFZ and the TRX wasn't all what it was supposed to be at first.;)

YFZ450Ridr
11-06-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by JH_Racing188
wtf is a Zfz

im guessing but i think he meens yfz?

Trxracer53
11-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Well First for an XC quad ground clearance and a narrower stance is nice yeah so the rims are reversible do you even know if the valve stems will clear? No you don't and two it has small tires. Last time i checked 18's on the rear and 20's up front were not the tires of choice on the XC circuits. SO even if wour tires are reversible its still sits really low. What about the rear are those reversible too? So what do you mean the fronts are reversible. there are too ends too a quad. Just because your fronts are through a gap doesn't mean your rear will make it. Also i have nothing against Suzuki, there a good bike and have a great race team. thats one thing they do have is a good motocross factory team. Honda and yamaha need to step it up and honda is starting too by signing a full factory ride to Natalie.

Trxracer53
11-07-2005, 09:36 PM
you are right about the honda not being all it was cracked up to be. I have no idea why they toned the motor down to begin with. They should have just beefed up the clutch and tranny and slapped in the motor to the frame. It lost alot of ponies and they finally are making a step in the right direction.

Cindi
11-08-2005, 08:10 AM
Well First for an XC quad ground clearance and a narrower stance is nice yeah so the rims are reversible do you even know if the valve stems will clear? No you don't and two it has small tires. Last time i checked 18's on the rear and 20's up front were not the tires of choice on the XC circuits. SO even if wour tires are reversible its still sits really low. What about the rear are those reversible too? So what do you mean the fronts are reversible. there are too ends too a quad. Just because your fronts are through a gap doesn't mean your rear will make it. Also i have nothing against Suzuki, there a good bike and have a great race team. thats one thing they do have is a good motocross factory team. Honda and yamaha need to step it up and honda is starting too by signing a full factory ride to Natalie.

:rolleyes: You act like you have seen the bike and know all the in's and out's . Do you know if you can raise it up with the suspension? No you don't I know they raise and lower their bikes now without changing anything. So are you saying if you can raise the bike (which you don't know) and only change the tires and rims that no XC racer will like it? Do you know if Yokley has checked the bike out and what he says? You have not riden the bike, you have not sat on the bike so until then and they go out and race the bike you really don't know. Yes, you can form an opinion according to the specifications they give but until you see the bike on a track you don't know . People say they know when they see the bike on a track or in a XC race. I can tell you this I bet you have to put way less money into the new Suzuki then you will the TRX or the YFZ to make it ready for a XC. :p

Nothing aginst you, you are allowed to have your own opinion but you can't say you know because you don't know for a fact how the bike is. Now I do know the HP stock and you are wrong with that one (reading your first post TRUE INFO) and that is a fact. :huh

:confused: Also you comment about the Suzuki frames, Are you saying that the YFZ and the TRX don't have problems with their frames?? I know for a fact (riding with other pros) that they also have their weak spots. So as for frames, they all have their problems.;)

Trxracer53
11-08-2005, 11:26 AM
You are referring to the sag of the suspension i belive. And yes they can but the stock suspension i dont think can be raised much by the spring preload. Elka has an internal sag device that can be controlled to but that is on the high end racing shocks. You are correct in that i have not actually seen or felt the bike but a pretty good idea can be formed through pictures from the factory and the dirtwheels release article. Nobody has seen or toughed it other than factory suzuki people. Who knows the numbers aren't even for sure yet. It could come out two inches narrower and with huge baloon tires. Unlikely but the it could happen. About the frames yes bracing is needed on all frames for serious racing. Local racing is probly ok on a stock frame and the early z's had been to reported to break at local levels. I hadn't heard of any major breaks on the honda's or yamahas. I believe the new 450 should have great geometry and strength. I would wait a year to see if any thing comes up. I didn't want to buy a first year honda for the same reason. So far the widest XC racer that i've seen numbers on is Matt Smiley on his factory width polaris and that is pretty close to the suzuki. Only difference is tire size. I guess i'll wait and see i could be wrong but in my local hare scrambles and XC races i wouldn't want any thing wider than a stock honda or Yamaha. I dont know of races out side Washington so I guess i'll eat my words for anything out of Washington. And the horsepower numbers from looking at doug gusts Z putting out 53 with his Yoshi mods. I just dont see it outting out over 44 rwhp. You'll get better fuel economy and some throttle response but from working on cars in auto shop i don't see a huge gain in horsepower over a carbed quad. Just an opinion though not saying im right it's just hard to believe that suzuki's 450 would put out 5-6 more rwhp than the honda and yamaha just because of efi.

raptor_02
11-14-2005, 11:28 PM
look at the bikes. All these motors on these quads pretty much come from the bikes and the yamaha by far has the most power in the bikes. But this new suzuki has EFI and the suzuki bike is a carb so that should put it a little close to the yami but I see the suzuki behind the yamaha and ahead of the honda with a simple pipe and jet mods. The suzuki don't need jets though. Overall stock for stock the suzuki will probaly be the best quad u can buy for motocross but the yamaha will be tough to beat

bwamos
11-15-2005, 10:04 AM
[B]No you don't and two it has small tires. Last time i checked 18's on the rear and 20's up front were not the tires of choice on the XC circuits.
So are you saying you would run 22" 2-ply stock tires in an XC race? That's the first thing that gets swapped out on most XC ATV's.

SO even if wour tires are reversible its still sits really low. What about the rear are those reversible too? So what do you mean the fronts are reversible. there are too ends too a quad. Just because your fronts are through a gap doesn't mean your rear will make it.

Who says that narrower a-arms wont be an "accessory" availiable from the factory, like the wider a-arms are on the 450r and YZF.

Trxracer53
11-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Well like i said all the dimensions aren't official yet. And for riding in washington I would rather have the 2 ply 22's and save a rotor and sprocket. also the people that this quad is intended for are the people that can't afford major mods. we are forgitting that point. I couldn't afford a new set of tires and rims all the way around. Thats almost another 450 bucks with shipping on .190's. Thats alot to pay after shelling out 7500 for the quad. some people it takes a while to save enough for the new tires. Maybe that will bean option. I'de like to see wider arms available like on the gas gas's. maybe it'll push honda and yamaha to do the same.

slamdak8782
11-15-2005, 08:45 PM
i think that the hondas and yammies will be faster

LTR450_#67
11-16-2005, 12:25 AM
No one is gonna know till it comes out now will they.....I like how people talk like they've ridden the darn thing.

popo
11-16-2005, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
No one is gonna know till it comes out now will they.....I like how people talk like they've ridden the darn thing.

Exactely!!!!! so many 14 yr old experts.

glomerick
11-20-2005, 09:39 PM
yeah, the suzuki dealer at Quebec's exposition said that he rode on it.....It has more power than the yfz with jetting, pipe and cam...later, suzuki heard of that ride and take off the rev box so they can't ride it anymore lol!