PDA

View Full Version : water in swingarm??!!??

NCexRider
10-28-2005, 09:00 PM
i just took off my stock swingarm skid plate to replace it with a new aluminum one, and when i took out the two bolts under the axle end a little water?? came out. i was riding in some creeks like 2 weeks ago, could some have been trapped in the bolts/washers? do you think it was water? didn't appear to be any kind of lubricant. anyone else ever heard of anything like this? answers will be most appreciated.....

Speedy81304
10-28-2005, 09:20 PM
water gets into the bearing carrier easy. every time you ride in water you should lossen up the 4 pinch bolts and let it drain out. over time you will need to replace your bearing since they will wash out and rust. I found replacing the stock carrier with a lonestar twin roller with a grease fitting is better.. easy to take care of and service.

You dont want to have your bearing blow out when riding that could suck big time as you axle locks up and then its a real pain to replace.

400exrida06
10-29-2005, 04:10 PM
ya that happend to me my bearings blew out and the whole axle locked up, and i ruined my bearing carrier which was alright because i replaced it with a rad bearing carrier which is way better, and its very easy to maintain and the bearing's last way longer.