PDA

View Full Version : shock inquiry

parts eeter
10-28-2005, 02:55 PM
testing 1 2

parts eeter
10-28-2005, 03:00 PM
I would first like to say hello to all as I am new here and you guys have already helped me and dont even know it yet so Thanks... I followed the 450r front shock advice and bought a set but I had to pay 250 bux for mine and I have heard them sell for much less.Oh well I hope they work good and I will buy the works triple springs for them!! I still need to do a rear upgrade and am debating on a 450 r rear shock because it looks like it will handle my 210 lb weight much better but i am not sure.My rear shok needs rebuilt anyway and a rebuild and an oil change recharge will definitely be required at least.Should I rebuil ex shock or replace with the r rear shock so to have a matching set?? Thank You for your time and knowledge.

tater_kamik
10-28-2005, 03:48 PM
i remember someone on here mentioning that they had done the 450r rear shock and hated it. it was fairly recent so you may be able to do a search and find the info on this on here already!

400exrider707
10-28-2005, 03:55 PM
The 450R rear shock is shorter than the 400ex rear shock and is valved completely wrong. It is also set up for the 450s lighter weight. You would be better just getting a rebuild on your stock rear from one of the many companies. C&D, Derisi, GT Thunder, or elka directly can all do it.

parts eeter
10-28-2005, 03:58 PM
thanks saved me some bux!

400exMO
10-28-2005, 11:13 PM
I've also heard you have to cut part of your airbox out because the rezzi hits it. But to get your rear redone send it to GT Thunder and they'll revalve and respring it for you and your bike. Also get the rear link. From what I hear that setup it like riding a bulletproof cloud.

parts eeter
10-29-2005, 12:57 PM
Well I dont know about buying the link but I may but I will go ahead and stick with GT Thunder as they seem highly recomended.Definitely a rebuild and spring change for my big self would be needed.I will talk to them for sure.thank You

Ex_Rider43
10-30-2005, 09:23 PM
I sent my shock to laz at GT thunder (450r) and got his linkage. great stuff handles better than people with 1000$ elka single link setup. also very fast turn-around time, 1 day at the time.

parts eeter
10-31-2005, 12:30 PM
Yes I believe I will be sending my shock to GT Thunder as they seem highly recomended.I will not be buying the linkage however because I believe that with the slightly longer 450 front shocks that my quad would handle badly with a lower rear ride height.So a spring and revalve to match my weight and riding style will be all that is required.

400exrider707
10-31-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by parts eeter
Yes I believe I will be sending my shock to GT Thunder as they seem highly recomended.I will not be buying the linkage however because I believe that with the slightly longer 450 front shocks that my quad would handle badly with a lower rear ride height.So a spring and revalve to match my weight and riding style will be all that is required.

I would get the link anyways and you can adjust the front and rear shocks to compensate for the higher front end. The link will make the shock work better.

parts eeter
10-31-2005, 01:42 PM
So for a 210 lb rider that rides woods at a mid to fast b pace is a spring replacement required with the GT link and revalve??

400exrider707
10-31-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by parts eeter
So for a 210 lb rider that rides woods at a mid to fast b pace is a spring replacement required with the GT link and revalve??

I believe that 210lbs you will need the stiffer spring, but that is included in GT's price. For $250 you get a respring/revalve and a linkage. Cant beat it.

parts eeter
11-06-2005, 03:46 PM
For the Gt linkage ,do I have to cut my skid plate or will it fit with no additional mods?? Is the 250.00 including seals for my shock and the linkage bearings as well?? Thanks all!!! I installed my 450 r fronts last night and rode it for a couple of hrs.!!! WOW!!! Now my rear shock seems to be the crappy end.Before I thought how bad the front was.I actually knocked the nuts out of the shock mounts and made new body mount brackets that use the upper shock bolt as a place to mount them.I didnt grind on my new shocks at all.I have ridden my buddies 440ex with worx remote ressie shocks and I like mine better than his.Plus I have more adjustability and piggyback ressies!! His were to soft for my liking.I think the triple rate worx springs will be installed after I get the rear shock done.That is only if the rear ends up being softer than the front.If it is balanced when I get my shock back I may leave the r springs on the front.Its cushy now in the front.The smaller ripple bumps could be a little smoother though and I believe the triple springs would do the trick on the front.Big bump absorbtion is phenomenal!!AS IS.:D You guys are a wealth of info!!! I am starting to love these quads!!

shorgasm
11-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Take some pics and show us please........:cool:

parts eeter
11-06-2005, 06:45 PM
I have pics but I cant upload them until I get a cpu that is available.I am using a work cpu and am unable to do certain things.I assume u mean my Custom Valdez engineering body mounts for the ex 450r shock conversion.!! I always end up doing things differently!! I will when I can.I will make them for anybody that wants them for 25.00 a set.Pics available soon!

parts eeter
11-07-2005, 05:19 PM
Its 400 bux for the link,spring,rebuild revalve for the rear.:(