PDA

View Full Version : Big Bore Help

Tom TRX250R
10-28-2005, 01:06 AM
I am currently running an ESR TRX6 pipe with 38MM A/S carb on stock cylinder but purchased an ESR 350PV cylinder and will be installing this winter and would like to know if I could keep the pipe and carb for this setup. I called ESR and they said the setup would work fine but would like to hear your guys' input. Also the cylinder has TRX7 porting but needs to be resleeved and will be match ported plus ported more by Neil at C Leigh Racing to have more top end but still have low end punch. If so which carb do you recommend and also what pipe? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks. Tom

hang1p
10-28-2005, 01:31 AM
me and my buddy jon370r are using trx 5 pipes i have a 330 no pv and he is running a 370 with pv and i have a 39mm pj carb and i believe he does also they both run strong but that a/s carb should be fine

zedicus00
10-28-2005, 08:09 AM
yur carbs good, i would go with a trx-5 big bore pipe though... itl compliment... you know, ask neil what he recomends when he does yur porting, he will set u straight.

wilkin250r
10-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by zedicus00
ask neil what he recomends when he does yur porting, he will set u straight.

Bingo.

Neil is a good guy, and will be able to give better information than just about anybody on this board. Sure, there is some good info on this board, but there is also a lot of crap info. I'd trust Neil before I put any stock into the responses you see here.

beerock
10-30-2005, 07:14 PM
hehe OK.

if you running a 350pv the best way to go is a BIG BORE PIPE
I dont think esr makes a trx5 big bore?

dynoport builds copy cat curtis sparks big bore pipes, give them a call.

youll be fine with a 38 A/S but you could get MORE out fo that mtoor with a 40.5mm carb. that could always be doen late ron down the line though.

I'm sure neil would agree. ;)

wavekrasher
05-30-2006, 02:28 PM
I run a 330 bolt on with trx 11 pipe (centermount) esr 40.5 gas carb, porting was trx9, but Bubba Ramsey massaged it some and it pulled 64.7 hp in Little Sahara at Dyno Mikes shed. My buddy runs a 350 esr with 38a/s carb, trx 9 porting and a sparks tt pipe. He pulled 56 hp same day same place. Mike said that the carb was holding him back. The 38mm A/S will work, but you are leaving power on the table. The trx 5 pipe would be a better pipe for your all around target. The 38 carb is VERY responsive in the trails though.
Chuck