PDA

View Full Version : trail tech?

stunt400
10-27-2005, 11:23 PM
does anyone here have any thoughts about the trail tech multi computer? i was thinking about getting one, but dont know if it would be worth it. is it pulling MPH from gps or is there a manual hook up?

exracer131
10-27-2005, 11:41 PM
no it is not gps operated, there is a little magnet you mount on your front roter and attach a wire to the spindle with a screw. the magnet passed by the lead on the wire and this is how you get your readings. i have had one for 3 years now and i love it. it started out on my 400ex and now it is on my 450r. it is a handy little tool for maintance also. btw you can get it wet, i would not surmurge it under water though.

04TRX400EX
10-27-2005, 11:56 PM
Someone posted this topic a few weeks ago. If you do a search you'll probably find it. It had quite a few responses, most all favorable. I'm thinking about getting one too.

BlasterEaten250
10-28-2005, 08:50 AM
Yea, they are cool, only, if you get one, make sure the sensor wire does not touch the rim when steering. It does a lot of cool things like odometer, max speed, average speed, matinence reminders. And there is a lot more than that.