PDA

View Full Version : Military

Scott-300ex
10-27-2005, 09:03 PM
I'm really into the Military.

I watch the Military channel 24/7, love seein anything that has to do with war, enjoy watching gorry stuff that is out on the battlefield, I use Military time, I LOVE weapons, knives, guns, artillery, ect..., talking strategy, always being the sneaky one, spy like qualities, love playin in the woods and sneakin around and everything where noone knows where you are or that your moving, fire, explosives, always knowing wut to do and how to do it when in situations, always having plans on wut to do.........................ect.................

I do body hardening, do things that hurt so it makes you stronger.

You guys prolly think I'm nuts by saying all this and prolly will quote off this sentence, but is anyone else like me?

Any military recruits out here that wants to talk, here you go.

I am surprised I haven't joined the Military yet.

hawaiiansupaman
10-27-2005, 09:08 PM
its not what it all cracked up to be ive been in for over 3 years and never been in the sneaky situation. mainly cause my job isnt one to do that but I know what your talkin about i been to the desert and i saw some pretty cool *****

Scott-300ex
10-27-2005, 09:13 PM
Awsome man. I've seen some sweet video's of people gettin shot with Apache missles and blown into 1"x1" pieces.

Where do you live in Missouri?

hawaiiansupaman
10-27-2005, 09:17 PM
im in Warrensburg

250R-Dee
10-27-2005, 10:27 PM
There are many options out there for you if you are that die hard.

Go straight up USMC/ARMY grunt or one of the choices below.

USMC - Recon
Navy - SEALS
Army - Delta, Airborne
Air Force - Para rescue or forward observers

Now the problem is if you do not make the military a 20 year career choice you might find a hard time getting a job in the civil world.

infantry317
10-28-2005, 06:14 AM
It won't be so cool when you get shot at the first time. Several of our snipers I've talked too were not to happy after having several confirmed kills in Panama. War isn't glorious, its nasty, disturbing but unfortunately necessary at this time. We will either fight terrorism overseas with service people dying or we will fight it here and civilians will be dying.

If you really want to be a hard*** go the Army and tell them you want MOS UNR4 (unassigned Ranger 4). You will get A CHANCE at the Ranger Battalions. You better be ready. Basic training is easy compared to when you get to your combat unit. I believe the Rangers are the only special ops unit you get into directly and most don't know about it.

Good luck.

MXcutie
10-28-2005, 07:48 AM
Honestly the army sucks... my husband is in and his unit left for Iraq on the 7th and our baby was born on the 8th did he get to stay back and see her be born... no...i went into labor at 7 on the 7th and his unit left at 8... but bc they have no heart he didnt get to see her... if you want to have a family the military isnt the right way to raise one trust me i'm just happy he's out on 31 Dec 06 which is 3 months after he gets back.... but if your a hardcore lover of that **** they need more ppl like you in there

F-16Guy
10-28-2005, 09:09 AM
Yeah, you'll get plenty of experience with knives. Your supervisors will be sticking them in your back daily.:mad:

infantry317
10-28-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
Yeah, you'll get plenty of experience with knives. Your supervisors will be sticking them in your back daily.:mad:

LOL, very true, few exceptions!

smr
10-28-2005, 09:40 AM
I did my time and loved it.

I did three years as an infantry soldier. I never did the ranger deal but I did see some action with the 101st during operation desert storm.

Follow infantry317's advice and you will see all the action you want. Then after you have proven yourself in the rangers you can go SF

as far as what TRX250RJAPAN said about getting a job. I had no trouble getting a job when I got out. I also used the GI bill to go back to school and I know work for a very well established power tool company.

God Bless or soldiers.

Atkins
10-28-2005, 03:23 PM
If im not throwing up from insanely strenuous activities, and Im not dazed from a sharp hit to the skull, Im not having a good time. Im not huge into war because its never a good thing, but I do watch all the biographies to learn about it. If i needed to kill, I would in a heartbeat for myself or my country, but I dont watch war TV and think, "cool that guy just got shot in the head!" because thats just stupid.

Matt37
10-28-2005, 03:42 PM
I was like you in a way growing up, for the exception of I was never really into the whole "on the front line" thing and Navy Seal type stuff.

I was always into the aircraft aspect of war. Evidently the USAF was what I wanted to do.

And I ended up doing it, I flew F-16's, 18's , and also B-52's.

Although it was not exactly what I thought it was, I knew from a young age I wanted my carrer to have something to do with aircrafts.

Like my high school tech teacher told me.... "You do not do a job for the money, you do it because you love it, and if you are good at it. The money will come"

ommkevin
10-28-2005, 06:32 PM
this military stuff sounds so SEXY:eek2:

omaits
10-28-2005, 07:18 PM
this military stuff sounds so SEXY

its amazing what a little marketing will make you think. Everyone that I knwo that has been in the military has hated it. This includes my brother, best friend, cousin, and many other friends. My brother and cousin are both in iraq as we speak.

It is not what they want you to think. They all say about the same thing.... it is boring. Its not like you are jumping out of airplanes and bombing people all the time. My brother is in a Airborne unit and has only jumped like 2 times...and that is probably all hell ever jump.

If you wnat to jump out of planes, go to an airport and pay 200 bucks. Maybe you should take up paintball or something. Get you fix some other way!

infantry317
10-29-2005, 08:43 AM
If you ARE in a truly Airborne unit I think you have to jump every 30 days in order to keep your jump status. I'm glad I served in the Army, no real regrets, I got big money while I went to my 2yr college. There is a lot of down time, but if you are in a high speed combat unit you will do some cool training like tire-house live-fires, helo ops, jungle warfare school, etc.. I'm just trying to say that you must have a realistic view. And be ready to RUN (lots of pt) if you are in the infantry.

Hondadudeehhhh
10-29-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
Awsome man. I've seen some sweet video's of people gettin shot with Apache missles and blown into 1"x1" pieces.

personally i dont think you would be mature enough to go into the army or any other military branch. Most people dont go to war because they think killing people is cool. You sound like someone who should get their kicks out of playing grabd theft auto or some other video game. :rolleyes:

Scott-300ex
10-30-2005, 07:00 PM
I didn't mean, "Wow a person died, awsome."

I don't enjoy watching people die.

Those Iraque's deserved it though, I don't think its cool to kill someone, hell, if I had to make my first kill, I would be nervous, try to avoid it and not want to. I don't think its cool, it was just really interesting to see, especially since they don't show that stuff on tv and if your not fighting over there, no one gets to see it and I got to so I thought it was cool that I got to watch it.

I would like to join, and have thought about it, cuz I am looking for a job and considering it, but leaving all I have, friends, girls, quads, cars, everything would be tough.

My friend was in the 82nd Airborn and jumped a lot to stay trained, and my other friend is a Devil Dog aka Marine and I like hangin out with him and hearin everything he has done and stuff.

The recruiters told him that he will not have to go to Iraq, well, they lied just to get him in and now he's just waiting for the phone to ring.

But if any of you have the Military channel, watch it, its very cool, and shows you the real ***** thats goin on over there.

F-16Guy
10-30-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Matt37
...I was always into the aircraft aspect of war. Evidently the USAF was what I wanted to do.

And I ended up doing it, I flew F-16's, 18's , and also B-52's.

You flew F-18s in the Air Force? Okay, I might have to raise the BS flag. What would you do to correct an aft heavy imbalance on an F-16C?

Scott-300ex
12-16-2005, 11:21 PM
Well a guy I know, 21 years old just got back from Iraq 3 months ago.

I went to his house to work on his dads 250 quad, had to do lots of carb work and stuff to it, and I talked to him.

I told him its my dream to shoot a fully auto and he said they were shootin fully auto grenade launchers. Im like holy F**k.

They made movies and he sent them to me. He was a gunner on a humvee shooting an m-60, 50 cals blow Iraqe's in half. I saw Saddam's, one of his palaces, with a moat around it. You would not believe all the land mines there, I thought I saw the trigger on one then they drove over it and it went off. They gaurded around 80-100 semi's full of fuel to saftey every day. Land mines blowin up those trucks, cuz there were so many roadside bombs.

I saw some heavy action of them shooting and killing Iraqe's and blowin pieces off of them. They got into a lot of Fire Fights. The Iraqe's would shoot the windshields I noticed, I guess to kill the driver and hopeless passenger. But I would shoot at the gunner, kill the killee you know.

So I saw a lot more stuff that was very cool to watch, he said temps from 138 in the humvee to 20 degrees at night, and remember that heat is with your cammies on. I'm goin back over to his house to put a fuel filter on his dads quad that never ran but I got it runnin. LoL. Yay for me. Haha, they got 2 dirtbikes as well and a track in the backyard so I had to go race the 250 around when I got it runnin. So I'm goin back over there and ganna hang out with him too, and maybe bring my friend that is older than me of course who is a Devil Dog(a marine) with me so we can talk military.

Crazy **** goes on over there, just the stuff I saw, its very interesting, but if you got a light stomach you wouldn't like it.

Titanium
12-16-2005, 11:57 PM
Go to the Marines if ur so crazy lol

Atkins
12-17-2005, 12:35 AM
Marine Corps Infantry for you.

I got mild frostbite and I was going into shock last week and I got hypothermia 2 weeks before that....god I love the Marine Cadet Corps

My history teacher was a Sergeant First Class in Army Infantry, and fought his way through the streets during Black Hawk Down. As he always says, "Kill a commie, Christ smiles.":cool:

BLACKeR
12-17-2005, 06:49 AM
sign up. it sounds like you have some drive. any imaturity will be kicked out of you in boot camp. and chances are if you enjoy this stuff as much as you say youll really like the military. just be careful to specify what you want to do. recruters are like anyone else they have specific goals they need to meet. you need to tell them what you want. because they wont always put you where you want to be. it seems like a lot of these peopel who said they were board in the military. got a job they didnt really want. thats their fault not uncle sams. sign up for Uncle Sams Misguided Children. if thats not enough for you go for force recon. i know a guy that was force recon. and saw action in pannama i think. cant remember what he told me. but he loved it. some people just like fighting. and its a good thing god gave us fighters. because it seems like everyones a whimp lately...:rolleyes:

400exrules
12-17-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
Well a guy I know, 21 years old just got back from Iraq 3 months ago.

I went to his house to work on his dads 250 quad, had to do lots of carb work and stuff to it, and I talked to him.

I told him its my dream to shoot a fully auto and he said they were shootin fully auto grenade launchers. Im like holy F**k.

They made movies and he sent them to me. He was a gunner on a humvee shooting an m-60, 50 cals blow Iraqe's in half. I saw Saddam's, one of his palaces, with a moat around it. You would not believe all the land mines there, I thought I saw the trigger on one then they drove over it and it went off. They gaurded around 80-100 semi's full of fuel to saftey every day. Land mines blowin up those trucks, cuz there were so many roadside bombs.

I saw some heavy action of them shooting and killing Iraqe's and blowin pieces off of them. They got into a lot of Fire Fights. The Iraqe's would shoot the windshields I noticed, I guess to kill the driver and hopeless passenger. But I would shoot at the gunner, kill the killee you know.

So I saw a lot more stuff that was very cool to watch, he said temps from 138 in the humvee to 20 degrees at night, and remember that heat is with your cammies on. I'm goin back over to his house to put a fuel filter on his dads quad that never ran but I got it runnin. LoL. Yay for me. Haha, they got 2 dirtbikes as well and a track in the backyard so I had to go race the 250 around when I got it runnin. So I'm goin back over there and ganna hang out with him too, and maybe bring my friend that is older than me of course who is a Devil Dog(a marine) with me so we can talk military.

Crazy **** goes on over there, just the stuff I saw, its very interesting, but if you got a light stomach you wouldn't like it.

en-list then.....but dont guarantee yourself you will like it....cuz you will prob wonder what the hell your doing over there and want to come home when your best bud gets his head blown off and his body falls over in your lap.

crookedeyemoto-x
12-17-2005, 11:02 AM
you have to decide for yourself, if indeed it is something that you want to do. I have been in for two years now, and love it. I am currently finishing my degree on the Army's tab with the gi bill, and the skills that I have learned will more than help me in the civilian world. it is not foe everyone, but i think that if everyone served the world would be a better place.

Scott-300ex
12-20-2005, 04:22 PM
Well I brought the video's to my friends house who is a Marine, he's a year older than me and our friend a year older than me is in the Army. They watched them with me just so I could show them wut its like, cuz Alex, the Marine is waiting for a call.

I worked out at Alex's house cuz thats where me and like 8 of my friends were all day. I did 15 pull ups, from a Dead Hang, as far as you can go down, straight armed. The hardest you can do. I was surprised. The other 2 that tried, one did 1 1/2 and the other couldn't move. LoL. I like pull ups and push ups and sit ups and stuff so it was fun. But I was gruntin/screamin on my last 4. LoL.

It was fun though.