PDA

View Full Version : nose manuals

tits
10-27-2005, 08:40 PM
anybodie got any pics doing nose manuals or stoppies on raptors i saw a video of a guy doing a nose manual on a 450r and he went forever is it possible to do this on a raptor or are the brakes not good enough

tater_kamik
10-28-2005, 11:45 AM
yes it is possible, never heard it called an nose manual though. it is not just the brakes, but you have to have a good surface that will grab, and you have to lean forward quite a bit, get as much weight as possible over the front tires. i keep my arms straight so that i dont try to turn the wheels (i have this tendency since i learned on sport bikes) you are going to need to hit the brakes very hard, say 90% pretty quickly, if you actually get good enough so that you can get it to the balance point (and without dumping it) you can pretty much just drag the brake slightly (say 5-10%) to keep it up and still be able to put it down. it takes a lot of practice, and im still not very good at it (im a little gun shy, i got hurt on my bike a while back from going over) im gonna warn you now, there isnt a way to really bring it back down once you get it past the balance point, not like doing wheelies where you can use engine braking or the rear brake. pretty much, if you screw up, you are going down. if you try this, wear your gear and try to learn slowly and perfect the teqnique, dont just go out there and nail the brake thinking you will be able to do an perfect endo...:cool:

tits
10-28-2005, 02:30 PM
thanks

tater_kamik
10-30-2005, 06:11 PM
no problem bro. see if you can get some pics when you start getting good.