PDA

View Full Version : i need a 416!!!

tp300ex
10-27-2005, 08:31 PM
could someone plzz help me out here!!! i need to know where i can get a 416 that comes with every thing i need and i would like to get it off the web with out calling places thanks!!!
tad

10-27-2005, 09:18 PM
ebay:ermm:

JOEX
10-27-2005, 09:26 PM
C&D Racing (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/contact.php)

2004exrider
10-28-2005, 03:29 PM
I just bought one off eBay for $109 with shipping included! 416, 11:1 compression cant wait to put it in. I would suggest though, that if you buy a wiseco make sure that you get the xr head gaskets because thats what they base there comp ratios off of. If you get the ex gaskets it will only be a 10.8:1.

Jimmy

10-29-2005, 10:39 PM
don't wast your money on the kits on ebay they are cheap price but that is only a piston kit you have to bire your cylinder.if you want to go that route buy a sleeve kit advanced sleev or la sleeve get either a 416 or a 426.do not buy a 440 as they over heat to much.

prepracing
10-31-2005, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by renagadecoupe
don't wast your money on the kits on ebay they are cheap price but that is only a piston kit you have to bire your cylinder.if you want to go that route buy a sleeve kit advanced sleev or la sleeve get either a 416 or a 426.do not buy a 440 as they over heat to much.

what would be the difference in buying the piston cheap on ebay or paying more for it somewhere else ? And why would you want to put in a sleeve for a 416........ it will cost 3 times as much to buy a sleeve and have it pressed in than it will to just bore it out. Who even sells a 416 sleeve :confused: thats just stupid

10-31-2005, 04:54 AM
stupid would be you for writing in a post you have no sense about.cause reliability is more important than a quick bore job.when you bore a cylinder you thin the walls the piston slides against causing friction..."something you must not know."therefore making you engine run hot.and then when it does decide to blow. guess what you have to put a new sleeve in it something you could had prevented the first time.

prepracing
10-31-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by renagadecoupe
stupid would be you for writing in a post you have no sense about.cause reliability is more important than a quick bore job.when you bore a cylinder you thin the walls the piston slides against causing friction..."something you must not know."therefore making you engine run hot.and then when it does decide to blow. guess what you have to put a new sleeve in it something you could had prevented the first time.

gee...thanks for the engine lesson:rolleyes: just never heard of anybody sleeving one just for a 416 kit. Still a waste of money if you ask me, there's tons of people running 426's on stock bored sleeves that have no reliability or overheating issues, so I sure don't see a 416 giving any reliability issues. But sorry for hurting your expert opinion :blah:

hotrodbelair
10-31-2005, 06:48 PM
niether have i heard of 416s ro 426s having reliability problems. and my 440, i rode it for pretty much 7 hours straight on a long *** trail ride had no over heating problems what so ever and this is was in the middle of june. it was 85 90 degrees out.

400exrider707
11-01-2005, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by tp300ex
could someone plzz help me out here!!! i need to know where i can get a 416 that comes with every thing i need and i would like to get it off the web with out calling places thanks!!!
tad

I have a JE 416 10.8:1 piston for sale w/ about 10 hrs on it. $65 shipped and its yours. Rings, circlips, and writstpin all included.