PDA

View Full Version : funny question

400exrules
10-27-2005, 07:58 PM
Kinda weird question, but i was just thinkin about if we get abunch of snow this winter, i might ride down the street some, and i was just wonderin what would i need to carry with me on the off chance a cop stops me? Like, ID, bill of sale...etc.?

TheFontMaster
10-27-2005, 08:01 PM
Inshurance papers, and registration papers, and a licence plate on the outside of the quad where it can be seen is what we are suposed to have here in NY. But it could be different in your area. But even with everything quads are not street legal so be prepared to get a ticket.

400exrules
10-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
Inshurance papers, and registration papers, and a licence plate on the outside of the quad where it can be seen is what we are suposed to have here in NY. But it could be different in your area. But even with everything quads are not street legal so be prepared to get a ticket.

insurance papers? like for our car insurance cuz i dont have insurance on my 400. And how do i get it registered, my dad said i dont need to get it registered:confused:

TheFontMaster
10-27-2005, 08:34 PM
Like I said laws might be different in your state, call you DMV to get the answers to this. Here in NY if you have a quad tecnicaly even if you use it on your own land it has to be registered, and if you are going to have it off private property it need inshurance. On my 300ex I used progresive as my inshurance company. Inshurance is a good idea to have anyway incase god forbid your quad gets stollen. Also I had to have my quad registered before I could get inshurance on it so that it was on paper that the quad was mine.

400exrules
10-27-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
Like I said laws might be different in your state, call you DMV to get the answers to this. Here in NY if you have a quad tecnicaly even if you use it on your own land it has to be registered, and if you are going to have it off private property it need inshurance. On my 300ex I used progresive as my inshurance company. Inshurance is a good idea to have anyway incase god forbid your quad gets stollen. Also I had to have my quad registered before I could get inshurance on it so that it was on paper that the quad was mine.

ok cool, ill try to get my dad to call the ins. company. thanks!:)