PDA

View Full Version : How low will it go?

oynot400
06-19-2002, 08:23 AM
I was wondering, I want to lower my front end with out using a lowering kit. What if I put on some good shocks, (Elka, TCS, PEP) that can have the ride height be adjustable. Will they lower me down enough? I don't want to have the money rapped up in 2 sets of shocks, when I can for the same price have one good set.
Will it work? :confused:

Dave400ex
06-19-2002, 10:43 AM
Yes the TCS, PEP, or Elka Shocks will lower you because they have Zero Preload or SSD. With the Zero Preload though you really need to Rebuild the Rear to have to too so it works right. The Quadshop could get you some Elka`s for a good Price or so could Full Throttle MX.

06-19-2002, 11:06 AM
Besides having the SSD you can also soften up the preload and drop it even more..I think they's work for ya oynot..

JabberJaw
06-19-2002, 11:08 AM
Purchase some hydrolic shocks, then you can take it to those 'low rider' shows.

NJ300ex
06-19-2002, 02:07 PM
Buy 300ex shocks. That will lower you atleast 2 inches and they are cheap when bought used. East Coast Atv or a member here might have some .

airheadedduner
06-19-2002, 08:56 PM
You can drop your bike big time with any zero preload shock. I run a durablue adjustable rear strut in place of my stock swingarm linkage that allows me to lower the rear of my quad. But I lose traval so I got to crank up my compression. Whats nice about zps is when your tires leave the ground the shocks extend to their full traval. TCS and PEP will drop more them the Elkas I beleive.

oynot400
06-20-2002, 05:59 AM
There is a kid in town that has a set of Elka's he wants to sell. The problem is they are for +2 arms. I thought if I could buy them right I would try them.

Dave400ex
06-20-2002, 10:20 AM
If they are for a Good Price I would go for it. You don`t really want a Old pair of the Elka`s though because they are the ones that had more Problems. Just check them out real good and you could have the Quadshop rebuild and revalve them for you.