PDA

View Full Version : 2 SERIOUS question need help kinda fast replys please

hondajoe05
10-27-2005, 04:37 PM
ok i have this real loud ticking nosie coming form my engine right i've adjusted the valves quiet a few times trying to get them jus right cuz i was thinking the ticking noise was them but i don't think it is now is their ne thing else that would be making a ticking noise and when you punch on the gas it sounds extremely bad cuz this 05 400ex has been sounding like **** ever since i got it back from the guy i had work on it i don't think he did something right cuz this is a kinda bad nosie or could their be different adjustments for the 05 400ex's valves???

my 2nd question is i got a pro design kill switch right i hooked it up to the coil... and when i pull the tab out it doesn't kill the engine i have a good ground yes......

ty if you and solve my problems cuz i dunno what im gonna do i really need to go riding this weekend its been 3 weeks since i've been aready and im addictied:(

hondajoe05
10-27-2005, 04:45 PM
it sounds like its coming from the head could it possibly be the head spacer or gasket or something? if ne thing else is need to help diagnose the problem jus tell me

lightning_2000
10-27-2005, 04:48 PM
sounds like the head gasket to me

jak1389
10-27-2005, 05:53 PM
hook the killswitch up to the black and yellow wire out of the cdi and for your ground make sure the paint is all off where you placed it.

hondajoe05
10-27-2005, 06:01 PM
is the fender mount right above the shock good enough cuz thats were i got it and i have my other wire connected to the screw that screw down the coil/cdi or watever

hondajoe05
10-28-2005, 02:11 PM
ne one else i think i've came down to thiking im just not tighting them enough cuz how good is the feeler gauge suppose to fit in jus barely or not to hard or not to easy cuz i have it at about that it fits in their faily easy but not real easy its just not a struggle to get it in? and im adjusting it between the rocker arm and sub rocker arm if that is suppose to be adjusted different that inbetween the valve i heard you could adjust it in that spot and its easier so...

ty for replys

hondajoe05
10-28-2005, 08:27 PM
today i was playing with the adjustment i think its teh valves does it tick if they're to tight cuz i think i got them to tight at the moment

honda250xman
10-29-2005, 06:29 PM
the samething was happening to my brothers i think it was making and kind of popping sound and he had a blown head gasket