PDA

View Full Version : to little or two much oil?

POW 352
10-27-2005, 02:42 PM
ok heres the plan i have a jegg or jagg oil cooler on my 2000 honda 300ex...now i got to thinking would it be possible to mount a 400ex oil tank on the engine as well. i know i have to drill a top dead center hole in the engine head and the other two lines are on the jeggs oil cooler kit...so should this work and i want respectable answers no one saying yeah or no just because they cant think abstractly...

if enough people have enough good reason why i should do it ill try it and let ya know how it works, aka engine cooler, blowing oil, blowing up whatever...

bwamos
10-28-2005, 09:23 AM
You dont really need that. Excess weight, and not necessary. I have been running a FST Oil Cooler on my 330ex for years. It keeps it plenty cool.

Really, the only thing the extra cooler on the 300 is going to do is make it take longer to warm up.

However, if your bent on doing it.. just run it in series with the Jagg. No need for extra lines. Just have it come out of the oil pump, into the 400ex cooler, through the line into the Jagg, and back to the engine.

It shouldn't cause a problem, but you'll probably have some pressure drop due to the extra length the oil has to travel before getting to the engine.

When I chage the oil, or add oil.. I use a R/C Airplane hand crank fuel pump to fill up the oil coolers from the bottom tube up, so all the air pockets get pumped out.

POW 352
10-28-2005, 03:03 PM
yeah im going to run the oil cooler still but i want to add the 400ex oil tank to the setup not the cooler...one coolers enough i want the added oil for more protection and it should be a large amount cooler when it has to circulate outside the engine