PDA

View Full Version : bull riding

hauck400ex
10-27-2005, 08:17 AM
ok, i got an 05 400ex and decided i wasnt happy with the way it ran, so i did some small mods (pipe, k&n, jets, gearing), then i got tired of that so i did some bigger things (Cam and piston), well i always read when people said to do suspension first and i thought they were all stupid and it didnt make any sense, well now i can ride my quad, but if i give it hell, its like trying to ride a bull... i look like an idiot flopping all over the place... its the harshest ride i have ever felt... i now know i need suspension upgrades, but can i get away with just some 450r front shocks and call it a day? or do i need better shocks and/or a-arms and a rear shock? basically i dont have a limit, that is because i dont have any money aside for this right now, but the bike isnt moving in the winter, more than the occasional lets go dick around on ice, but for the most part it is getting remodeled for the winter. what would be my best/most cost effective setup? i work for a honda dealership and can get parts at 10% over cost, but there is no markup in shocks, by the time i buy elkas and pay the 10% and then tax, its about the same as ebay prices. i dont want works, but i need something that does work... just let me know where to start, what to look into, and any info on 400ex suspension upgrades would be great... thanks

BlasterEaten250
10-27-2005, 09:30 AM
You have to do some grinding for the 450r shocks to fit.