PDA

View Full Version : lonestar dc4???

taylorman08
10-26-2005, 09:00 PM
hi, i'm having a good deal for some lonestar dc4 +2,5 +1 and i have some questions before i get them... Are they good a-arms in comparison with other brands?! I heard that it wasn't really good to be +1 forward on a 450r... i dont know where i saw that , but i want to make sure it wasn't true. I also heard that we have to change the ball joint really often on lonestar a-arms... Last thing i heard is that they made (i think) 2 models/generations of dc4 a arms... Is there one better than another one?! I dont know if i should wait for something else or stick with them!! Help me guys! thanks...

dantwo
10-27-2005, 07:51 AM
As for the 2 models or generations, they will work the same just look different.... If someone is replacing ball joints often, then something is wrong. Any pro I have sponsored will go the season on a set of ball joints unless he crashes. As for the one forward, it really comes down to your type of riding style. Talking to Tim Farr he likes them all -1, standard, and +1 forward. It really comes down to the track and its condition.

Dan @ LSR

taylorman08
10-27-2005, 11:39 AM
thanks! I've got one last question... What shock lenght should i run with those a-arms... Its written 20.5 on their internet site, but i read that it was too much...?!

dantwo
10-27-2005, 11:44 AM
If our site shows 20.5" that is wrong... It is 20" even. All the shock companies have the specs on our front ends, so you should be good. If you are buying used go with 20" and see how the work.
Thanks
Dan @ LSR