PDA

View Full Version : pissed off at local dealership

TacomaNC4X4
10-26-2005, 08:57 PM
ok..i got my 05 400ex last november when they first came out well we were ridin around the lake about 2 weeks ago and then my clutch cabe streched and the clutch would not engage completely. so i called the dealership where i got it from and they said the warrenty would cover it. so i took it up there and droped it off. they called me yesturday and said that they think the clutch was out. well i know thats not true cause i clutch just dont go out just like that on one pull. and when i would put tension on the cable the clutch would work fine. i told them that and they said they would call honda. well 2 days went by and they never called me back so i called them and they said they had to take the clutch apart and see what was wrong in the clutch and it was gonna cost me $100. i told them not to touch the clutch cause it was fine. they told me honda would only cover a broken or falty cable. and i said "honda dont consider a streched cable broken?" and they said no. well i got mad cause i paid $600 for the 4year warrenty and when i got it they said it would cover just about everything but tires, CLUTCH WEAR, etc. it has only about 1000miles on it. they dont understand that the clutch works and its the cable that is streached. i just dont think it sounds right. i dont know. i spend all that money on the warrenty and it wont even cover a $21 cable. im just gonna do it myself but its the fact that they told me it would cover it then i take it over there and they wanna mess w/ the clutch itself and charge me..not the warrenty. i guess my question is..does this sound right? is the whole warrenty thing just a waste of $600?

watts16
10-26-2005, 09:06 PM
call honda direct they will set your dealer straight

TacomaNC4X4
10-26-2005, 09:11 PM
the dealership told me that they talked to honda and honda said take the clutch apart and see what they could find and then they would give them an awnser if the warrenty would cover it. but NUTHING is wront w/ the clutch. the clutch works fine when you get the slack out of the cable. im gonna wait for a few more replies before i call honda myself. the fact they he never called me back and i had to call them makes me wonder if they ever called honda

redlineranger
10-26-2005, 09:25 PM
go take a sh*t in the middle of the showroom floor at that dealership and then flip off as ur leavin, and never go back to that place again

redlineranger
10-26-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
go take a sh*t in the middle of the showroom floor at that dealership and then flip them off as ur leavin, and never go back to that place again

redlineranger
10-26-2005, 09:31 PM

oops my bad i meant to hit save changes on the edit

DVXchic
10-26-2005, 09:33 PM
go take a sh*t in the middle of the showroom floor at that dealership and then flip off as ur leavin, and never go back to that place again

Now thats funny sh*t right there, LMFAO:p

coryatver
10-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Yeah first of all I wouldn't take my quad to that dealer ever again or buy anything there and tell all my friends. I don't know if the warrenty does cover wear parts like cables but if it does call another honda dealer and see what they say or call honda.

bigvforcer
10-27-2005, 08:07 AM
Hello people! Can we think about this a minute?

Warranty is for parts that BREAK that are not normal wear items. Clutches, cables, tires, wheels, chains, sprockets NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY! How can they consider a clutch cable warranty when any cable over time stretches? They can't because it is normal wear and tear! If it broke a day after you bought it then yeah it is warranty, but a year!

AND, if the only way honda will tell them if it is warranty is to take the clutch apart then let them do it but refuse to pay the bill. NOW if the cable stretched or broke do to a malfunctioning clutch part that is not a normal wear item then okay, I can see getting it warrantied. Clutch cable alone, NO WAY!

I have experience in this as I work at a dealership and I have dealt with warranties. I love it when people come in expecting a free cable or free brakes because they bought the extended warranty. I almost have to laugh because it is amusing!

Hell in a year I have worn out a set of tires. Don't mean it's a warranty claim!

Why don't you grow up to taking a crap in a dealership just shows them how ignorant and stupid you really are!

TacomaNC4X4
10-27-2005, 09:45 AM
so why take a clutch apart and charge me $100 when i TOLD them over and over that the clutch was fine? i just didn't know if the cable streached or broke at the end

Guy400
10-27-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by TacomaNC4X4
so why take a clutch apart and charge me $100 when i TOLD them over and over that the clutch was fine? i just didn't know if the cable streached or broke at the end Because if you've been riding on a stretched clutch cable there's no telling what damage you may have done to the clutch itself. Better to know now than put a new cable on and then have your clutch crap out on the next ride.

L & L Racing
10-27-2005, 09:55 AM
thats what our dealership does on anything. they are stupid and dont listen

EvilJester400EX
10-27-2005, 04:01 PM
What dealership are you talking about, Tacoma?

DEAL
10-27-2005, 04:07 PM
I would have just replaced the cable .. I mean its only like $15...

10-27-2005, 04:08 PM
go take a sh*t in the middle of the showroom floor at that dealership and then flip off as ur leavin, and never go back to that place again that w643d be awes60e

10-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
that w643d be awes60e

When i was in kindergarnden i could type better than that:eek2: lol jk

TacomaNC4X4
10-28-2005, 10:31 AM
i just bought a $14 cable from another dealership and put it on in 5min. works like new. didn't have to take the clutch apart to put it on either

coryatver
10-28-2005, 10:52 AM
Thats good to hear. I bet you won't take your quad back to that dealer. They might put in a new crank if you need a new spark plug!

EvilJester400EX
10-28-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by TacomaNC4X4
i just bought a $14 cable from another dealership and put it on in 5min. works like new. didn't have to take the clutch apart to put it on either

What dealer?