PDA

View Full Version : 05 TLD front shocks-rework or buy aftermarket

scramblerracer
10-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Predator shocks/ worth reworking or trash?
Anyone have any experience with revalved and resprung 2005 Predator TLD shocks FOX Podium with piggyback rezzies front and Podium X rear. I am questioning weather I should have mine redone for me or to just order new shocks. I can get the shocks redone for ~$200 plus cost of springs. This is front and rear. I know that Natalie runs the same rear shock(set up perfect for him) but I just don't know if the fronts will be as good as say a ELKA or Ohlins. Any ideas? Thanks Josh

MAaudioX10
10-26-2005, 08:04 PM
For the money, I am sure it will be a huge improvement over stock but, compared to an Elka, I am sure there won't be as good. Right now, I am running the TLD shocks on my 05 standard. I love em! Great for aggressive trail riding. I found a pair of HPD triple rates for them so, I will be trying those out. I will not be re-valving them but, the spring are suppose to add a big improvement over stock.

QuadJunkies
10-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by scramblerracer
Predator shocks/ worth reworking or trash?
Anyone have any experience with revalved and resprung 2005 Predator TLD shocks FOX Podium with piggyback rezzies front and Podium X rear. I am questioning weather I should have mine redone for me or to just order new shocks. I can get the shocks redone for ~$200 plus cost of springs. This is front and rear. I know that Natalie runs the same rear shock(set up perfect for him) but I just don't know if the fronts will be as good as say a ELKA or Ohlins. Any ideas? Thanks Josh

Personally, the stockers are a GREAT shock........ To a degree... Im not sure what all the rding you do is, but stock will only be so good for so long.....

If you have the funds to spare I HIGHLY reccomend a set of Elkas, If all would have owrked out when we had our Preddy, Quad rates were gonna go on ours. I Love my Elkas

scramblerracer
10-27-2005, 04:13 PM
Thanks everyone- I race harescrambles ~B class rider, 250lbs with gear. Thanks again Josh

scramblerracer
10-30-2005, 08:09 AM
anyone else?

jdwxv3
10-30-2005, 08:23 AM
Hey Josh, I would ask Josh Owens from Dirt Works. He is in the A class in our series and he does some great shock work. He should be at Westphlia. He can tell you what to do. If you are going to buy aftermarket Elka's are alright, but I like Axis better but the Axis are a lot more $$$$$. It is all a personal preferance. Some people swear by Elka...some swear by Axis. Good luck on the chioce. If you cant find Josh Owens, look me up at the race and I will help you find him this weekend.

scramblerracer
10-31-2005, 03:21 PM
Thanks Josh for the info- I'm sure I will see you this weekend. I hope this rain keeps up, I can't remember the last race we had with mud. Later Josh

trailrunner77
10-31-2005, 07:29 PM
hey josh where is this race you guys are talking about?

jdwxv3
10-31-2005, 08:59 PM
It is right outside of Jefferson City Missouri. Check it out at www.hillbillygp.com Hope to see you there trailrunner!

trailrunner77
11-01-2005, 04:18 AM
don't think i'll make it this weekend is there anything else coming up for races jeff city is only like 3hours away

jdwxv3
11-01-2005, 04:45 AM
Nope sorry, noting around here, all the winter races are way down south

FMFTRX250r
11-06-2005, 09:10 PM
actually guys...id go with the revalve...you have to remember the same series of rear shock is what won the national MX championship this year...and its also what is on Farr's honda.....

scramblerracer
11-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Thanks all, I think that I am going to stick with my stock shocks and have them worked over. Josh

MAaudioX10
11-08-2005, 04:54 PM
I have an 05' Predator with the Podium X front shocks off the TLD with HPD's triple rate spring kit and the overall ride is much better! I switched back to an 03' swinger and shock. Installed the HPD spring on the rear as well and love them! Didn't even re-valve.

Right now, the way I have it setup that sucker moves through the trails. Lower center of gravity, quicker steering, and plush ride.....

94EX
11-11-2005, 01:21 PM
I am actually looking for a set of these right now. Does anyone know where I can get some???? Thanks

trailrunner77
11-11-2005, 06:10 PM
i just traded my podiums for elka quad rates and a dual rear, i'll let ya all know what i think when i get them on and ride it for awhile

atenciole
11-21-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by 94EX
I am actually looking for a set of these right now. Does anyone know where I can get some???? Thanks

HPD-INC.com

94EX
11-22-2005, 07:18 AM
HPD does not sell shocks. I am looking for the 2005-2006 fronts with the piggyback resivoirs to put on my 2004. Thanks again for all the help

atenciole
11-22-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by 94EX
HPD does not sell shocks. I am looking for the 2005-2006 fronts with the piggyback resivoirs to put on my 2004. Thanks again for all the help

I Thought you were looking for just the springs.

scramblerracer
12-06-2005, 03:28 PM
I am sending my shocks to Derisi this week so I will let you guys know what I think of the revalve in a week or two. Thanks Josh

trailrunner77
12-06-2005, 07:44 PM
yeah that will be a good upgrade for ya.... i've heard good things about Derisi, a guy in my series recommended them.. i spent the bling and got elkas...well worth the $$$. i love them and wish i had them from the start...