PDA

View Full Version : DeRisi VS. C&D ZPS setup?

generalg
10-26-2005, 06:19 PM
I've called and recieved quotes for both the DeRisi and C&D 450R rear shock revavle / zps setup. Will have tripple rate Elka Compression adjustables up front.

What I found out is that the C&D zps setup does not include or (need) the aftermarket linkage. Yet I'm told that there would still be 1" in travel gained.

On the DeRisi side they would include the aftermarket linkage with the zps setup.

DeRisi price is $425
C&D price $385

Anyone had both setups yet? Which one did you like better? I had forgotten to ask C&D if the $385 was the Exriders/Atvriders discount...

Thanks

10-26-2005, 08:41 PM
aftermarket shock linkage=better shock angle

you may also want to call laz at GT Thunder and get a quote from him, or precision concepts, both of them do great work also

i personally dont see how a stock linkage revalved shock could come near a new linkage with shock because of the new angle and the fact that it drops the shock down, thats just me tho

kazpr
10-26-2005, 10:44 PM
The derisis with linkage is the way to go of those two. I have it and it is sweet.

KatHouseMouse
10-27-2005, 06:39 AM
I have had both setups and the one with the linkage deffantly works alot better (stops rear bucking).

528ATVRacewear
10-27-2005, 07:32 AM
I have the Derisi ZPS rebuild with the linkage and I highly recomend it too.

Jersey450R
10-27-2005, 07:54 AM
The big question I have is, are any of these stock shock rebuilds going to withstand bottoming and hard motocross? I mean, i know your shocks should bottom at least one or two times a race but not on every jump you hit. I ride mostly tracks and and race like conditions with big jumps. Should I invest money is rebuilding my stockers or sink myself in debt with axis, elka or likewise?

RedRacer44
10-27-2005, 11:20 AM
hey Grant....you should call JH Racing at 918-371-0101 here in Oklahoma and get a quote. He can do the rear shock/linkage rebuild too. He should be finishing his own linkage design this week too. I cant remember on the price but it works really well......

Tell him I sent ya.....

generalg
10-27-2005, 04:28 PM
Thanks Chance.

I called and spoke to JH Racing.

I'm going with their setup with the ZPS dual rate springs, revavle and GT Link!

THANKS

kazpr
10-27-2005, 11:42 PM
Grant where you live @ in kansas?