PDA

View Full Version : White bros. R4 or E Sreies

09-24-2001, 10:53 AM
What complete pipe do you guys recommend for all around power gains? Then White Bros. R4 or E Series?? Thanks for your help and if you like another pipe better then please post it and its horsepower gains. Thanks again .

Nausty
09-24-2001, 10:54 AM
argh! don't you have a magizine with some pipe test or something? I don't mean to be a jerk but this question gets asked A LOT.

09-24-2001, 02:50 PM
As a matter of fact I do have a magazine with pipe tests in it but I want to know what other EXRiders think because they have had their pipes longer and know more about what they like in that pipe!

inacoma91
09-24-2001, 03:04 PM
I have rode a 300EX with a E series on it. It sounded good and seemed to have some power to it. On my 400 I have the Pro Circuit T-4. I dont have the full exhaust but the stock 400 header is almost as good as the PC if you grind and smooth out the welds inside of the stock header. That is what i have done. I would definitly recommend this slip on to anyone. It gives the most gains in the mid range and works good through the top. It gave some low end but not as much as i thought it would like the mid range. I like white brothers exhaust but i have read in some mags that they fall apart in the inside. Dont know if its true or not......

Also the PC is one of the cheaper slip ons..........I paid 190 for mine.

Andrew

09-24-2001, 03:21 PM
Get a Curtis Sparks T-4 Complete. Check it out at www.sparksracing.com it beat 16 other exhaust systems including the Duncan Double barrel, Big Gun, E-series and, Pro cercuit.

400exBro
09-24-2001, 04:10 PM
I would go with the e-seris it is an awsome pipe i have the slip on and K&N power kit which helps alot, now this 400 accerarates way faster than the stocker and it also has a nice bark to it i dont think you ll gain any top speed enless you put a different sporket on !! I am thinking about a 16 tooth sporket for more speed
well lata
400exBro

09-24-2001, 05:19 PM
I just bought a dmc today wait for a few days to buy the pipe and I will tell you how I like the DMC and if you should buy one

kat400ex
09-24-2001, 06:17 PM
i have R and hubby has E i like the r and he does too but he still like s his E but with my new 416 kit the r sounds even better and just because its straight thru there still about the same loudness....one thing i can say about the R versus the e is it is held together with springs which give s alittle and makes a huge difference with alot of torque my husband has welded his e with stainless steel rods.....but i think they fixed that problem.....i like my R it looks awesome i have the 16 tooth and 416 and the combination is great.......good luck check out marcums he done a test on them too......he runs a yoshirmura but he had original a E series...

Leo
09-24-2001, 07:17 PM
I've got a pro-circuit T4 slip on..

all I can say is I LOVE IT....!

Things I don't like about other pipes;

I don't want discs to adjust, or extra parts to fall off...

Drill out rivets to re-pack, that's BS.. a couple allen screws and I'm done..

I also have a quiet core to tone it down when necessary, but I can't really say how much it quiets it down (just arrived today)..

But the T4 is a well put together, affordable slip-on..

Leo

Nausty
09-24-2001, 07:47 PM
ok, sorry I said that but thats like what half the posts are in this forum and usually someone has already answered it but their just to lazy to read through a couple of them.

stevengates45
09-24-2001, 08:05 PM
Screw those pipes man. Curtis Sparks all the way!!!!

bsr
09-24-2001, 08:25 PM
If your going to get a slip-on get either the WB or the pro-circuit t-4. If you want complete system then get the curtis sparks !!

09-24-2001, 08:26 PM
Leo,
I am very interested in hearing from you on the quiet core insert. I like the sound of the pipe when at the Dunes, but the neighbors would definitely not want to hear it here at home. I would be very intersted to know how fast you can add the quiet core insert, and how quiet it makes the bike as compared to stock.

Leo
09-24-2001, 08:29 PM
It takes all of about 20 seconds to put in the pipe, it replaces the stock spark arrestor, and has a small metal cylinder with holes drilled into it (similar to the stock silencers small spark arrester, but with bigger holes)..

I'm going to try it out tommorow night and see how it effects noise/jetting.. I'm in the same boat as you, some places we ride noise isn't an issue, but most places it brings nothing but grief..

Look for an update when I get a chance to try it out ;)

Leo