PDA

View Full Version : 250ex riders here

Macho250
06-18-2002, 10:00 PM
hey has anyone had problems with their clutch spring on there 250ex, cause i have and im pretty mad about it cause its the 2nd time if u have tell me about it k bye

06-19-2002, 09:37 AM
sorry dude, cant help you with that problem, never had it, but i was wondering ur thoughts one the dg xcellerator..thanks

super_man37366
06-19-2002, 10:22 AM
Ruk..... I was wondering how tyou like your twin-air on the 250ex? or should I just go k&n? thankz... also would a slip on pipe make a difference? I dont want to spend alot of money on the full system.. I et a t-4 if I get one prob since there cheap.. thankz for the n-fo..... later super-man

Z-King
06-20-2002, 12:49 AM
mine just got out of the shop i had to get the whole secondary clutch replaced it costed 250 that was right after i had a rebuild

06-20-2002, 07:16 AM
Describe the problem...What was or is it doing ?

Was the clutch chattering during gear float or when it was accelerating?

Macho250
07-11-2002, 06:52 PM
ok guy when ever i put it in gear it either stalls or trys to take off like a manual clutch 4 wheeler would if u never pulled the clutch in. ive had it fixed but it was under warranty and im too tight to pay money to fix the sucker so ill prolly leave iot. the xcellerator is loud and u can definetly feel the power increase. im dissapointed in my front shocks they are squeaky and im pissed any help would be appreciated.

RUFIO
07-11-2002, 09:15 PM
superman,
im rukahss, i changed my sn. i think twin air barley mad a differnce. i was dissapointed. go with K&N. but what DID make a difference was the whitebrother e-series..and i mean alot. it sounds incredible, and i got a **** of alot of horsepower gain. and thats without re-jetting. i have to get around to that :D, im running lean and that could couse a loss of power. so id say try k&n, and go white brothers.

Striker49
07-11-2002, 11:23 PM
Ive noticed my clutch wantin to slip a little or just not dis-engage when I pull up my shift lever to put it in neutral. Its prolly my error but I havent noticed it til the past couple of days but its nothing major.

I would like to get a pipe for mine but I dont really wanna fork out the money for the lil 250. Plus I dont wanna rejet.

And Macho, most of the 250 front ends squeak. Ive seen several post about the problem. Mine does it to and it gets on my nerves. The reason is that the A-Arm brushings need greasing and the joints, Im just to lazy to take it all apart and do it plus I would never get everything back together right anyways. :cool:

Z-King
07-12-2002, 04:40 PM
i just had to get my secondary clutch replced it costed $325.00
there was two more 250ex's and one recon with the same problem:confused:

forum
07-12-2002, 11:42 PM
ok guys. Im not telling you to sell your 250ex's and buy 400ex's here just incase thats what you think im telling you. but.....

A 250ex is not ment to be ridden hard..Period...

It's got a semiautomatic transmision for god sakes, meaning you guys are blowing out your clutches becuase your riding them to hard and switch under extreme cases and under heavy exeleration. They are ment to be starter bikes not sport high performance. Semi auto's are not designed for race type riding. Thats why i don't get it when good riders keep there 250ex's when they can afford a more high perf quad. I hope i didn't offend anyone here.. DOes anyone agree with me or am I just an idiot here... Or i could be totaly wrong and 250ex's have faulty clutche's. either way i still stand by my point

FullBore52
07-13-2002, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by forum
ok guys. Im not telling you to sell your 250ex's and buy 400ex's here just incase thats what you think im telling you. but.....

A 250ex is not ment to be ridden hard..Period...

It's got a semiautomatic transmision for god sakes, meaning you guys are blowing out your clutches becuase your riding them to hard and switch under extreme cases and under heavy exeleration. They are ment to be starter bikes not sport high performance. Semi auto's are not designed for race type riding. Thats why i don't get it when good riders keep there 250ex's when they can afford a more high perf quad. I hope i didn't offend anyone here.. DOes anyone agree with me or am I just an idiot here... Or i could be totaly wrong and 250ex's have faulty clutche's. either way i still stand by my point

Those were my exact thoughts...well not all of that, I dont think that much!

Front ends on all hondas squeak after a while...no grease zerks is what I think is the cause...Although I think our raptor just recently started doing it...better find the grease gun!

07-13-2002, 06:18 AM
On a 250ex, if you are riding it hard all the time, it requires adjusting more( the screw on the front of your engine). If you are riding hard without keeping it adjusted the fiber plates will wear some making less contact with the outer clutch basket making it seem as its slipping. And who ever paid $325.00 to have the plates and springs replaced really got ripped off. The parts for the job are only $60.00:blah

honda250
07-13-2002, 10:27 AM
ride the 250 like asemi automatic with an auto clutch dont shift while u accel. God you will burn up a clutch that way. If you are a better rider u might want to upgrade like i am doin

TRX250EXER
07-13-2002, 01:24 PM
yeah. exactly. but I beat mine so I cant really say anything. but my skills have surpassed the 250. when I can afford it I will buy a bigger quad. but for now I guess its all I have. plus I have a 4 year warranty so I dont care. If it breaks honda better fix it. I didnt pay an extra 500 dolllars for nothin.

Macho250
07-16-2002, 08:58 PM
man why do yall dis on the 250ex i mean crap it might not be the fastest but i bet it will be ok for me so y dont yall leave my 4 wheeler alone

Striker49
07-16-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by TRX250EXER
... but my skills have surpassed the 250. when I can afford it I will buy a bigger quad. but for now I guess its all I have.

Exactly...Ive got a little saddle time in on a couple 400s and it would take some getting used to the clutch (I always dump it to quick on take off) and I would love to have one but money doesnt grow on trees. I have to buy a truck, start paying insurance, and pay for gas. So im not lookin foward to a bigger quad for at least a year or two. :(

TRX250EXER
07-16-2002, 10:52 PM
ride more quads before you decide to get a 400ex. ive road a couple too and wasnt really impressed. Ive road all my buddies quads and a few impressed me. but a couple were 2 strokes. one I really liked was a qaudzilla, or the lt250R or honda 250R. The only 4 strokes that I liked was a raptor(even tho I hate yamaha's) and a DS650. Ive yet to ride a Z400 but thats what Im looking towards. And I wouldnt be surprised if this is one of last years of the 400ex. They were ahead of their time and are now way behind it. If honda comes out with a new liquid cooled 4 stroke with about 35 hp. I'll be all over it.

Oh Im not dissing the 250ex. I think its a great machine. But one Im too big for it. Im 19 and 180 lbs. two my skills have greatly improved and I now want a fast machine. Your skills seem to improve really quick when you have to try and keep up with 2 strokes all day. lol. But I'll probably never get rid of my 250ex. Its too fun. I plan on hoping it up some more first tho. I want to get some shocks and a big bore kit yet. I wanna prove that a little 250ex can do a lot more than people say it can.

RUFIO
07-17-2002, 11:50 AM
alot of people bit*ch about fixing up a 250ex, but as soon as the big bore kit came out from powroll, EVERYONE was all for it.

01TRX300EX
07-19-2002, 06:09 PM
Sorry haven't had any problems with ours yet, and we ride it very hard and are very hard on the clutch, so much for forums statement about them not supposed to be ridden hard, its a sport quad, that would mean its meant to be ridden hard and jumped, just like any other sport quad, don't let the auto-clutch fool you, its quite capable of what all other sport quads can do. I usually slip our clutch by lifting my foot a little, so I can ride it just like a manual clutch, it may not be good on it, but it ain't complained yet.

TRX250EXER
07-20-2002, 05:17 PM
as long as you keep it adjusted, the auto clutch will outlast any manual. thats a fact. you can ride it like that and not let off the gas but its gonna knock if off a little and need adjusted more often. it will also wear quicker. how often do people replace clutches in there utilities and 4X4's. and look at how 4X4's are treated. I know somebody that tries and shortshift their 300ex without engauging the clutch and his is about ready to be replaced already. they cant take the abuse. but with maintenance and care anything will last long!!! dont let people on here tell you that an auto clutch cant take abuse. it almost makes no sense.

Macho250
07-24-2002, 01:14 PM
ok Hey i love my ex i can sit back with bald tires and pass a z through a sandy creek with water in it that is until the z gets a straight away the i get rocks in my mouth

ryanh250ex
07-24-2002, 03:35 PM
i love my 250.i gotta adjust my shifter yet again because i still have a tough time shifting with my racing boots on. what i do for the shifting is usually after i pin the throttle, completely let off the throttle and then shift quickly- is that correct? by the way, which way do you adjust it? more play or less play? it's at the front of the engine, right?

TRX250EXER
07-24-2002, 09:56 PM
ummm.... look in your handbook or manual or whatever. I think it is in there