PDA

View Full Version : Parts you cant find threw Honda to replace

QuadJunkies
10-26-2005, 01:13 PM
We ran into some issues trying to get replacmentsparts for these items....
Can you believe that they dont even show the part even exsist??:huh Or do they and no one knows where the part is??

QuadJunkies
10-26-2005, 01:16 PM
the smaller O-ring^^^ doesnt show up , but one that does ...we saw one that apprears to be one of them but not the other at Service Hondas website.

The parts on there now are a bit thicker (the replacement piece we found) and we are gonna buff them a bit and make it work

heres another peice they dont list that you can replace..

QuadJunkies
10-26-2005, 01:18 PM
and another ... Bacically all the needel bearings on the case cover cant be replaced according to the skemadic(sp?)
we were able to clean these up enough to get by w/o being replaced.

AtvMxRider
10-26-2005, 01:18 PM
Tina you will probably have to call service honda or another Honda dealer cause I am sure those parts are available

tater_kamik
10-26-2005, 06:18 PM
that is strange. did you try looking at other years to see if it was an mistake in the schematic for the year you were looking at?

99_300ex
10-26-2005, 07:09 PM
is the first pic of the bearing carrier if so i have bought those little o rings from a local honda shop here. haha even tho they were 5 dollers each.

TheFontMaster
10-26-2005, 08:12 PM
You dealer is doing something wrong. They should have those O-rings in thier computer. The 400ex's are still in production so I don't see why your dealer doesn't have those parts. Try servicehonda.com thier prices are cheaper than dealers, but like someone else said those little parts like that are not cheep. I have about 140 dollars worth of bills in little parts like that for my 250r project.

JOEX
10-26-2005, 08:14 PM
Is #31 the smaller o-ring on the schematic and #32 the larger one and #27 the swing arm needle bearings?

I have found mistakes on other parts & numbers in the past:ermm:

QuadJunkies
10-26-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Is #31 the smaller o-ring on the schematic and #32 the larger one and #27 the swing arm needle bearings?

I have found mistakes on other parts & numbers in the past:ermm: w/o going right to it, it apprears to show one O-ring but not the other... ITs list it wierd too.:confused: kinda confusing...

NOw on the neddle bearings posted above... NOPE... Cant order them according to Service Honda. :huh They are on CRACK if they think Ill order a NEW case cover for a needle bearing! :grr:

QuadJunkies
10-26-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
but like someone else said those little parts like that are not cheep. I have about 140 dollars worth of bills in little parts like that for my 250r project. OH. you dont have to tell me ..!!!!!! LOL I LITERALLY replaced EVERY bearing,seal gasket bolt on the entire quad on my rebuild were finishing up....:scary:

The parts guy said these are not REALLY important parts that need replaced often ,but I cant see how they CANNOT be replaced???:confused: Im sure someone just needs to do some deeper diggin.;)
I had some grit in mine ans was gonna hange them out, but we got them cleaned up so theey are fine now.. I just found it strange was all...

QuadJunkies
10-26-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by 99_300ex
is the first pic of the bearing carrier if so i have bought those little o rings from a local honda shop here. haha even tho they were 5 dollers each. I get a VERY GOOD deal on parts for rider support locally :D

Honda5
10-27-2005, 04:15 AM
I don't think the small one belongs there that is where the brake stay clip goes.

QuadJunkies
10-27-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Honda5
I don't think the small one belongs there that is where the brake stay clip goes. the small Oring?? yes, all the parts are in the right places , he took the old one off and thats where it was, but Ill mention it to him anyways... thanks ;)

Chino886
10-27-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
We ran into some issues trying to get replacmentsparts for these items....
Can you believe that they dont even show the part even exsist??:huh Or do they and no one knows where the part is??

I hope you found them, my Honda dealer had them in stock. It sure was fun doing the bearing carrier, huh?????

QuadJunkies
10-27-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Chino886
I hope you found them, my Honda dealer had them in stock. It sure was fun doing the bearing carrier, huh?????

the carrier we only needed to replace one(the small one) it is so thin that it just broke in half so easily. So....... He went all over town and found the one posted above to use, its thicker, wont have that issue this time ,he just has to buff the side of it up a litle and its good to go

So whats the part Number anyhow???

How about the needle bearings in the case covers?? I think w/o going and lookin,there was like 4 of them total.

there is sooooooooooooooooooooo many pieces sitting in my garage right now its scary.... :scary: I wish we had a model to go by :ermm:

Chino886
10-27-2005, 10:36 AM
the carrier we only needed to replace one(the small one) it is so thin that it just broke in half so easily. So....... He went all over town and found the one posted above to use, its thicker, wont have that issue this time ,he just has to buff the side of it up a litle and its good to go

So whats the part Number anyhow???

How about the needle bearings in the case covers?? I think w/o going and lookin,there was like 4 of them total.

there is sooooooooooooooooooooo many pieces sitting in my garage right now its scary.... :scary: I wish we had a model to go by :ermm:

if you can get me a pic of what bearings you need, I will fax it to my honda dealer (very helpful) and see if he can get some part #s for you.

QuadJunkies
10-27-2005, 10:48 AM
lol ..the pics are already posted ;)
Its the needle bearings( I think thats what they are called?) in the case covers
It not a HUGE big deal right now since I dont need them, but would be good to know for later reference .

Chino886
10-27-2005, 10:54 AM
lol ..the pics are already posted ;)
Its the needle bearings( I think thats what they are called?) in the case covers
It not a HUGE big deal right now since I dont need them, but would be good to know for later reference .

I will see what I can do for you. that is the rightside crankcase cover, correct?

QuadJunkies
10-27-2005, 10:55 AM
I will see what I can do for you. that is the rightside crankcase cover, correct? They both have needle bearings ;) I cant remember which one I took a pic of right off hand .actually yes- I do think that one was the Crankside

Chino886
10-27-2005, 10:58 AM
They both have needle bearings ;) I cant remember which one I took a pic of right off hand .actually yes- I do think that one was the Crankside

I will see what I can do.

Chino886
10-27-2005, 12:23 PM
They both have needle bearings ;) I cant remember which one I took a pic of right off hand .actually yes- I do think that one was the Crankside

Hey QJ,

This is the response that I got from my man at Honda dealer!

"Well... hmmmm The needle bearings in the case in the second pic are for the Clutch Pivot. It comes from the top of the case, down through that bearing, then to the end of the clutch basket to pull it in and out. Have never seen that bearing go out, as there is very little load on it. Honda does not sell that bearing seperate for the case. So, I would say forget it and go.. As for the first pic, I think that is a rear carrier bearing. Bobby said to get a lonstar bearing kit for $200 if you want that.. But, since he is just such a nice guy, he will do it for $175... Later"

-Honda Dealer

QuadJunkies
10-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Hey QJ,

This is the response that I got from my man at Honda dealer!

"Well... hmmmm The needle bearings in the case in the second pic are for the Clutch Pivot. It comes from the top of the case, down through that bearing, then to the end of the clutch basket to pull it in and out. Have never seen that bearing go out, as there is very little load on it. -Honda Dealer Thats what my dealer said too.... !!! Thanks a TON! and please tell him thank you as well, myabe in the future ,Ill have to do some of my business with him just for being so kind ;)

Chino886
10-27-2005, 12:39 PM
Thats what my dealer said too.... !!! Thanks a TON! and please tell him thank you as well, myabe in the future ,Ill have to do some of my business with him just for being so kind ;)

well, I am glad they both said the same thing. I am friends with the parts manager, he give me a pretty good discount on aftermarket parts. I keep him pretty busy.