PDA

View Full Version : its running again!!

XCredrider
10-25-2005, 10:01 PM
for the first time in about 4 months my R is running. We did have it all together 2 nights ago but the shift fork had fallen out when reassembling and the tranny was stuck and wouldnt turn. we got it all torn back down AGAIN and then it wouldnt get spark. We tested everything on this quad 2 times. We replaced the cdi and nothing. everything said it was good. finally i saw the pickup for the rotor and alternator. we thought it looked to far away but we werent sure cause it wasnt adjstable so we ruled that out. I finally got pissed off so i just hit it and moved it close to the ppickup and we had spark. We got it all together and it ran great and started after about 10 kicks. LOTS of compression. We have to et a new head gasket tomorrow because we tightend this one down and took it of and retightened it. it ran great for a min. It will be back together tomorrow. SRY for the long post but glad this project is over... :macho

beerock
10-26-2005, 08:56 AM
get some permatex copper coat spray on gasket stuff for the head gasket, it works great!!