PDA

View Full Version : please help (water pump leak)

rajuncajun
10-25-2005, 05:30 PM
i'm new to the yfz scene so i would really appreciate some help i bought a 04 yfz it has a 13:1 piston new valves and so on, and rode it for about 3 hours and water started spraying out the little hole on the bottom of the water pump,well i took it home and pulled it apart and then pulled the seal out that is behind the impeller it looked to be in good shape but i went ahead and bought a new one put it in last night and started it up ,it was fine for about 4 or 5 Min when the motor got warm i hit the gas and it sprayed out again,and i don't know what it could be,any help would be appreciated,thanx for your time

sampleez
10-25-2005, 07:37 PM
check out the yfzcentral.com and yfztech.com forums. i think there is a few threads about this on there

jshtex
10-25-2005, 08:15 PM
Some of them had the seals installed backwards from the factory, so if you put it back the same way it might still be backwards. The two seals need to have the flat part in the center (flat parts facing each other), where the weep hole is.

But it shouldn't have failed that quickly even if it is backward. Did the impeller shaft look ok? When I replaced our seals I replaced the shaft and the shaft bearing all at the same time.

The other thing is, in the three that I have seen leaking, they only dripped coolant out of them. They might have dripped fast but no spraying?