PDA

View Full Version : please help, engine not giving more than 50% power?

gotflames
10-25-2005, 04:14 PM
Just got a 87' 230 quadsport that had been running and the chain broke and busted the side cover. It sat for a year in a shop. I replaced the side cover tested compression , cleaned carb etc. etc. Bike throttles along at 50-70% power and if you keep the throttle held at the halfway point the power kicks in with 100% power off and on like it is starved for air or is getting too much fuel. If you justs give it full throttle from the start of each gear it is boggy and slow. I know this bike has more response and power than it is showing. I am frustrated and can't figure out what to do. Any help will be appreciated.

zach

tzhill@bellsouth.net

10-25-2005, 09:30 PM
what position is your needle in? that could be set incorrectly.

10-26-2005, 09:03 AM
my 400ex was once runing with bearly any power. i would be n 3rd gear going like 20mph. n it would leak gas out of the flote boal non stop then i jetted it n it got all the power back.

key4202003
10-26-2005, 08:53 PM
if its a 4-stroke i had one and it ended up being the spark plug was incorect heat range and not gapped properly. also there could be a air leak, c clip fell off needle, or maybe old fuel, pluged fuel filter. just check the obvious chit, or if its me, will come to you in bed, liying awake, at bloddy 3:00 in the morn...true story:scary: just dont get pissed and ALMOST decide to run it over with your truck, and burn it to the ground just to make you feel better...