PDA

View Full Version : my dealer cant be right?

stunt400
10-25-2005, 10:51 AM
i called my dealer this morning with regards to my broblem with my 05 400ex. he tells me that when i rev my motor, the fuel mist that comes out of the back side of the carb is normal! im no honda expert,but this is still a combustion engine were talking about. ive built several motors for cars and trucks .the only time ive ever seen this is whem the cam is out of time and the intake valves are slightly open at the wrong time. any replies to this thread with thoughts to this problem would be greatly app.

POW 352
10-25-2005, 12:37 PM
hahaha yeah id say hes wong never personally seen that happen but u should just route a tube from where the fuel is misting at to the back exhaust put a spark plug and boom flame thrower...sorry i cant really help ya...check the timing its not hard. just remove the valve train cover, not the valve adjustment covers. then remove the plug on the left side of the engine i believe its towards the front and smaller than the center one then adjust it to the t mark or somethin and make sure the cam is at top dead center by the v mark on it...not sure thosed directions are completely right but get a service manual and make sure

exracer131
10-27-2005, 11:37 PM
all honda's do that, the engineers found you get better fuel/air mixture if it is mixed before the air enters the carb. don't tell no one this, it is our little secret. btw, go tell whoever you talked to at the dealership they needs to go work at autozone( they never know what they are talking about)