PDA

View Full Version : Pilot help

Chino886
10-25-2005, 08:42 AM
If I have to hold the throttle a little bit when starting, does it need a bigger pilot?

F-16Guy
10-25-2005, 09:58 AM
What size pilot do you have now? With your mods, I would suggest probably a 42. That's what I have, and from stone cold with no choke (it's removed), I can pump the throttle a few times and it will start right up and idle.

Chino886
10-25-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
What size pilot do you have now? With your mods, I would suggest probably a 42. That's what I have, and from stone cold with no choke (it's removed), I can pump the throttle a few times and it will start right up and idle.

I have the choke removed, and I think I have a 45 DJ in there. The only reason I think I need to go bigger is that it starts better when I pump it and then hold the throttle a little to start it.

F-16Guy
10-25-2005, 10:11 AM
I've never used Dyno Jet pilots before, so I'm not sure if the numbering is the same; I know the main jets are a little different. You may want to try a 42 or 45 Kehin and see if it helps. If my quad sits for a long time, it can be hard to start, but most of the time it fires right up. It doesn't idle perfect when it's cold, but it usually stays running.

Chino886
10-25-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
I've never used Dyno Jet pilots before, so I'm not sure if the numbering is the same; I know the main jets are a little different. You may want to try a 42 or 45 Kehin and see if it helps. If my quad sits for a long time, it can be hard to start, but most of the time it fires right up. It doesn't idle perfect when it's cold, but it usually stays running.

yeah, I think over the winter I am going back to the stock needle and keihin pilot, I am not a big fan of the Dyno Jets at all!