PDA

View Full Version : 4x4ing in the winter

450rboy
10-25-2005, 08:05 AM
who loves to 4x4 in the winter. i know i do. if you have studs in your tires and 4 wheel drive your gonna be going a lot of places. if you got a pretty go size lift and on your truck or suv or whatever you have you gonna be doing better. i say this because if the snow is drifting really bad and its like 4 feet deep or more like it gets at this one place i know you gonna be pushing the snow. you might be able to push it for a lil bit but if you get stoped you might be screw left me tell ya. i had some pretty close calls and we were out in the middle of know where and i thought i was done for but good thing the nissan pathfinder never stop pushing that snow or we would of been done for.

who else like to 4x4 in the winter?

tell us some stories about the winter when your 4x4ing.

bigvforcer
10-25-2005, 08:26 AM
Went to a local trail system by ourselves one day in my buddies cherokee. We got in a spot where we couldn't go forward or backward in the one v-notch. We ended up having to come-along oursleves out. It ook almost four hours to do and it was snowing to beat hell to top it all off. It was cold but we were all sweating because we were working and having fun all at the same time

KWAD GAWD
10-25-2005, 09:20 AM
This past weekend at Wellsville, OH:

KWAD GAWD
10-25-2005, 09:22 AM
My Cherokee:

m_townsgreatest
10-25-2005, 12:58 PM
hey kwad gawd i've heard wellsville has some prett crazy wuad hill climbs and stuff. Did u see any of them. I wanted to go up there but my brother said i wouldnt make it and I am out to prove him wrong

bigvforcer
10-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Where is wellsville? What is the name of the trail?

BTW, Good looking Cherokee! My buddy has a 1998 2 door with six inches of lift in the front and 1/2 ton chevy springs in the rear. Running 32

KWAD GAWD
10-25-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by bigvforcer
Where is wellsville? What is the name of the trail?

BTW, Good looking Cherokee! My buddy has a 1998 2 door with six inches of lift in the front and 1/2 ton chevy springs in the rear. Running 32
Wellsville is an off road park in Eastern Ohio, located right on the Ohio river mid-state. There is no trail name, there are lots of trails spanning thousands of acres. Some people call it Yellow Creek, locals call it Block House, some call it Forbidden Zone. It's pretty gnarly stuff. My Cherokee has 5" of lift with 32x9.50s TSLs.

bigvforcer
10-26-2005, 08:20 AM
Is it legal? Doesn't sound too far from us! Can we camp if we come there? I think we are planning on going to Natural Bridge at Slade, Kentucky soon!

KWAD GAWD
10-26-2005, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by bigvforcer
Is it legal? Doesn't sound too far from us! Can we camp if we come there? I think we are planning on going to Natural Bridge at Slade, Kentucky soon!
Yes, Wellsville is open to the public. Some people say it's the best wheeling east of the Mississippi right behind Paragon and Tellico.