PDA

View Full Version : Burgard Gusset Kits...

bpimpdaddy21
10-25-2005, 05:29 AM
I am looking to order a Burgard gusset kit. Can you PM me a price on the cost of the same gusset kit used on the 450r XC project quad? I want all the same gussets including the upper frame rail gussets. Would this be a good gusset kit to use for MX? And can you tell me exactly what gusset are included in this gusset kit? Thanks.

I was debating between Burgard gussets and Bare Performance gussets, not sure which one I should go with for MX. Thanks!

Pappy
10-25-2005, 05:31 AM
Laser cut gusset kits for most quads are $78 shipped

bpimpdaddy21
10-25-2005, 05:33 AM
Are all the gussets from the project quad included in this laser cut kit? Thanks!

Pappy
10-25-2005, 05:38 AM
as far as im aware they are, i will call and check for you today. i have been meaning to grab a few of the popular sets to keep here for my use and to sell if needed, but i forget everytime i am at Burgards to pick them up:p

bpimpdaddy21
10-25-2005, 05:43 AM
sweet, thanks Pappy!

bpimpdaddy21
10-26-2005, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
as far as im aware they are, i will call and check for you today. i have been meaning to grab a few of the popular sets to keep here for my use and to sell if needed, but i forget everytime i am at Burgards to pick them up:p

Any luck pappy?

Pappy
10-26-2005, 05:58 AM
no luck, i called about 10 different companies yesterday and only was able to get or recieve 1 returned call...lol

story of my life:p

bpimpdaddy21
10-28-2005, 05:42 AM
bump - any luck yet?

Pappy
10-28-2005, 06:00 AM
the gusset kit comes standard without the front stem bearing brace (i geuss that is what its called because thats the area it is installed)

i still havent conected with Izzy (my fault not his) but i will this morning and i will see if he will cut you the 3 extra pieces needed to make the same kit as is on the project R and my personal R

bpimpdaddy21
10-28-2005, 06:07 AM
Awesome, that sounds great. Not to be a pain, but I am going to need two of them, one for my R and one for my brothers. We are getting them both done similar for next years race season and he is a bigger guy like me. Thanks for your help Pappy! If you could just send me a PM when you figure out if he can cut the extra pieces, and what the cost will be. Thanks!

Pappy
10-28-2005, 06:24 AM
no problem bud, i wish i could have given you a straight answer the first reply i made:p

bpimpdaddy21
10-30-2005, 02:26 PM
Ok, the more I think about, the cost for me to have my frame all done up around here is going to be the same if not more than to have you do it. I would like to get my frame and sub frame done the trans red of the XC project 450r on here, and I want my frame done exactly the same, with the extra gussets that have been put on it. I would be sending the frame out probably before the thanksgiving holiday, most likely the week before. Can you give me a price to have all the PC and gusset work done the same as the project quad? I also want to get the four motor mounts done the trans red also, how much for those? Thanks pappy!

EDIT: My brother wants his done also, same as mine, minus motor mounts, but he wants his done in black. Do you have a metallic black PC, if so how much? He was looking at that black with the rainbow mettallic in it too, do you consider that with trans color pricing? Sorry for the long post, but thanks for all your help!

Pappy
10-30-2005, 03:28 PM
trans red frame and sub $225

full gusset $175

black frame $175 (add $25 for clear or metalic additive)

the prism black is cool, but it needs alot of light to be seen. once the fenders are on, it kills the effect so IMO its a waste of money for a quad frame. i can add silver flake or similiar in the clear and it will sparkle more then the prism black alone.

shipping est. is around $85 round trip for frame and sub (ship together here, they go back seperate boxes)

when you are ready, pm me and i will send you my shipping address.

bpimpdaddy21
10-30-2005, 04:28 PM
Awesome, will do. Finally, to bug you again (sorry :ermm: ) is the shipping cost back included in those cost you gave, so it would basically cost me $400 to get my frame and sub done? I know it is going to cost me around $30 to ship to you according to UPS. Does this include the cost to get the gussets just like the project quad?

And I dunno if you missed it, but how much to do the engine mounts in the trans red? Thanks!

Pappy
10-30-2005, 07:54 PM
the above qoute was for everything, 225 for pc and $175 for the full gusset job including the laser cut gussets and the additional gussets as on the project R. im geussing 45 to ship it back.

the engine mounts are $8 each, but id suggest a differnt color IMO. for mounts, id suggest stealth black or any solid color due to the torque specs of the engine mounts. ive never busted the coating but there is always a risk.

bpimpdaddy21
10-31-2005, 05:51 AM
Awesome, I will definately let you know when I am ready to ship the frame. I will send you a PM in the next couple of weeks. Thanks!