PDA

View Full Version : Pipes for the 04trx450

BigVince
10-25-2005, 12:21 AM
trx450r.org recommends the rossier or the Pulse Charger... what is the concensis (sp) of this forum

oh yeah..
I am stock now.. but have ordered the HRC kit and K&N Filter

K-Dub
10-25-2005, 03:15 AM
Read your other post for my opinion on pipes. Never ran the PC though, so I cant bad mouth it.

Mobile Dyno
10-25-2005, 04:00 AM
I recommend the Rossier. HMF is also a good pipe.

bpimpdaddy21
10-25-2005, 05:16 AM
You can't go wrong with either the Pulse Charger or the Rossier. The Pulse Charger will give you a few more options for noise control (steath charger - which is a different core insert that still makes a lot of power at low noise). The Rossier you can run a spark arrestor which brings dB's down a bit, I'd say around 99dB, and the PC without the stealth core is about the same I beleive. It mostly comes down to what you like the looks of better, and what you can afford, with the PC being almost $150 more than the Rossier. You will be happy with either!

Pappy
10-25-2005, 05:41 AM
rossier, i love mine! and i cant wait to get a piston and cam in it to add even more power:D

the rossier can be equipped with the yoshi spark arrestor to quiet it down to below 100db.

10-25-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by BigVince
trx450r.org recommends the rossier or the Pulse Charger... what is the concensis (sp) of this forum

oh yeah..
I am stock now.. but have ordered the HRC kit and K&N Filter

i love my sparks big core, but you really cant go wrong with many pipes what so ever, here are some good brands

Sparks
Rossier
HMF
Yoshimura
Alba

as for the pc, i really cant tell you much about that :confused:

JH_Racing188
10-25-2005, 11:20 AM
if u want looks also dont get the pulse charger it is UGLY!!!! wish i had a rossier instead of sparks BC:ermm:

BigVince
10-25-2005, 11:21 AM
Thanks.. i appreciate the posts

ThumPIN_450R
10-25-2005, 12:40 PM
just get the pipe you can get the best deal on. They all sound about the same and are all made of stainless steal with an aluminum silencer it all comes down to looks and how long it takes until it will break. Duncan fat boy 4 come with a lifetime gurantee and HMF has a 2 year warrantee on the slip on part of the pipe. The new big gun EVO pipes look cool too.

BigVince
10-25-2005, 02:00 PM
The best deal seems to be on the Rossier.

I'm one of those guys that has to have the best. the Pulsecharger is the most expensive and the one that i haven't heard anything bad about. But, the rossier has just about the same support and it's a 140 dollars cheaper. With that kind of savings... the piston is that much more attainable.

iceracer65
10-25-2005, 02:06 PM
i have one of the first RE pipes on my '04 R, i have had absolutely ZERO issues with it.

it has almost 2 full seasons at the nationals on it, TT not mx. (mx'ers are way harder on chit:devil: )

10-25-2005, 02:37 PM
i had a HMF slipon but then got a dr.d and the dr. d is way better

desratt
10-27-2005, 10:23 AM
how about taking a look at what the PRO"S run.

no all pipes aren't stainless with a aluminum can

MY fmf factory 4 is all titanium.

there are carbon fiber ones out as well.

BigVince
10-27-2005, 10:32 AM
correct me if i'm wrong... but don't the pro's use modified versions of what's available to the public

desratt
10-27-2005, 10:36 AM
some do, some don't

how many do you see running the ones mentioned above?

BigVince
10-27-2005, 10:41 AM
i honestly have no idea what the pros use. I'm only led to believe that what they use is far more exclusive to the pros and their team. So much money goes into those bikes, why compare.

bpimpdaddy21
10-27-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by desratt
how about taking a look at what the PRO"S run.

no all pipes aren't stainless with a aluminum can

MY fmf factory 4 is all titanium.

there are carbon fiber ones out as well.

If you look at the pros, most all of them run what their engine builders pipe is. If sparks is the engine builder, the sparks pipe goes on it. That is why you don't see a PC or Rossier on alot of the pros, cause the they arent the engine builders. I know Joe Byrd runs Rossier, or did, but anyway, just got with what you like, but again, the Rossier is my choice!

JH_Racing188
10-27-2005, 11:31 AM
joe byrd runs yoshimura... dasa and yoshimura have built one just for his engines and is supposed to be SWEET:devil:

Trxracer53
10-27-2005, 11:37 AM
What are you looking for? Bottom end or top how do you ride and where. The pulse charger has great top end rev out. I race mx and highly recommend the white brothers aluminum pro or carbon depending on your budget. It all depends on the type of riding and if sound decibels are an issue