PDA

View Full Version : What tires for 450

trict_out
10-25-2005, 12:19 AM
Im lookin for new tires, I ride track and trail both. What are you running. Im lookin for somethin with good tread, lightweight, and slow wearing, thanks guys

K-Dub
10-25-2005, 03:20 AM
I run the Holeshot XCR. Its a 6ply tire that is light and I dont notice it in the air vs the other 4 plys and 6plys. The tire itself is a true 20" tall where everyothe 6 ply Ive ran and looked at are taller than 20"s. I have a set of 4 ply holeshots that are size 20x11x9 that measure 21 1/4" inchs tall and you can tell there on while jumping. The XCRs do great in the mud also.

450rboy
10-25-2005, 08:13 AM
i like my kenda claws i got there the xc ones. i ride track and trail to and they do awsome in the mud i think. it don't matter which way you turn them i think. but they probably do work better when you trun them around the one way. and i can't wait now to turn my around for winter cause i want to see how there gonna work

10-25-2005, 09:21 AM
i run maxxis tires, razr2, razr, irazr

i have ran kenda, and liked them aswell, good for a cheap tire :macho

steveatv3
10-25-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton
i run maxxis tires, razr2, razr, irazr

i have ran kenda, and liked them aswell, good for a cheap tire :macho

I agree go with maxxis if you are riding regular trials and not planning on getting to crazy and still want to perform great on the track stick with 20" rear tires size and stay with the same on the fronts. Maxxis Razr's are pretty light and have great durablity i dont have any experience with I razrs though

10-25-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by steveatv3
I agree go with maxxis if you are riding regular trials and not planning on getting to crazy and still want to perform great on the track stick with 20" rear tires size and stay with the same on the fronts. Maxxis Razr's are pretty light and have great durablity i dont have any experience with I razrs though

ya i would stick with the 20'' rears for sure, as for the fronts, thats all up to you

the irazr may be a great tire for you to run, if you dont like that, then the razr is what i would go with, the razr2 is a little too aggressive if you do track or mx riding as well, so the razr would work well there :macho

trict_out
10-25-2005, 01:00 PM
thanks guys, i htink ill go with rzrs or holeshot xcr's

shamisc
10-25-2005, 01:13 PM
I too love my XCR's. I've had Kenda Klaws and Knarlys and they are great tires for a 400ex and they last forever, but on my 450r, they don't hook for chit. I guess it's that the 450 has more torque, but they don't do anything but spin. I will also add that the XCR hooks up better than any other tire I've ever tried.