PDA

View Full Version : Which +2 a-arms with stock 250r shocks

new2the250r
10-24-2005, 11:38 PM
Looking for new a-arms that will fit with my stock 250r shocks. Any model names or links would be awesome. Thanks

ZSK
10-24-2005, 11:44 PM
Any standard travel +2 a-arm will work with stock shocks, you'll notice that the shocks will feel much softer with extended arms. For best performance you'll want aftermarket valved for the arms.

400exrider707
10-25-2005, 12:55 AM
Ive got a set of JP racing +2's for sale Pm me for info.

wilkin250r
10-26-2005, 02:20 PM
The shock mount is the same for any length A-arms, whether +1, +2, or +3. The only exception is Long Travel, those have a different shock location, so LT arms must be used with LT shocks.

But, just because they FIT, doesn't mean the WORK. You can ride on them just fine, and they'll soak up all the little bumps and rocks just great. But don't do any jumping more than about 2ft of air. They'll bottom out really easy.

Your rear shock has a compression adjustment, and I believe it also has a threaded preload adjustment. You'll want to dial the rear down to make it softer to match the fronts. If it's too stiff, and the fronts are soft, it will feel like a mechanical bull, and a few good whoops can pitch you right over the bars.