PDA

View Full Version : blowback?

stunt400
10-24-2005, 09:48 PM
i took the airbox assembly off of my 400ex the other day, just looking at whatever i could see, i started the engine up just for kiks ang giggles.LOL. i noticed that when the rpms. get to about half way up, there is what looks like air/fuel mist coming back out the wrong end of the carb!!! i thought this might be something to do with HONDAS DETUNE TECHNIQUE? its an 05 and doesnt have that much ride time on it, mostly trails and private tracks. its not that significant but just enough to barely see it.i thought it may be doing this because of the stock exhaust system being so restrictive.any thoughts you may have on this matter will be greatly appreciated.. THNX

2004exrider
10-26-2005, 04:29 PM
well, the only thing i can think is that since you took it off it might have leaned it out and when you revved it that it couldnt get enough fuel and when it did it would "back fire" thru the carb.

jimmy

WheelerBob
10-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Had you not acted like a jerk in your last post I would have explained to you what is causing the blowback, But now you can sit and spin !!!!! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!!!

2004exrider
10-26-2005, 04:51 PM
yeah, i didnt get it either? I looked at all of his posts and everyone answered as much as they could, and werent being an idiot. lol. oh well everyone has their days.

Jimmy

WheelerBob
10-26-2005, 04:57 PM
He's not going to get anywhere on this site acting like that, Sometimes you have to wait until someone with an answer post's back, sometimes it's quick and sometimes it's day's, But there is no single source for atv info on the web better than this forum.

stunt400
10-27-2005, 05:13 PM
i think i owe everybody here an appology! on my last post i said that this site was full of people who didnt what the hell they were talking about. i should have thought about the fact that this is a site that houses oppinions and thoughts based on your own experiences. needless to say i was having a bad day and wasnt thinking clearly. hope you wont hold a grudge?