PDA

View Full Version : Will this Suspension combo work on the 450R?

jdwxv3
10-24-2005, 07:52 PM
Ok guys thanks for your time. My situation is......I have a Houser/Axis Lt rear end combo 1-1/4" longer for my 450R and no front Axis shocks to go with it yet. I was just wondering if this rear end would work worth a crap with the stock front shocks? Or would I just be better off leaving it all stock until I get some matching front shocks!?!? Thanks agian, Josh

400exMO
10-24-2005, 08:38 PM
put it on and find out, it think it should be better than stock if you get your fronts adjusted to adapt to the new rear

jdwxv3
10-24-2005, 09:10 PM
Anyone else, it will not be that simple to change it all out. I would like to know, I have a race nov 5th

Kurt Glore
10-24-2005, 09:19 PM
Josh,

I would put it on and ride with it. You will notice a huge difference with that rear upgrade. I Haven't seen anyone run the Axis rear LT with a Houser swinger. Let me know how it works for you. I've been thinking about switching over to Axis from my Elka. Maybe I can sell my house and get the ARS-FX / Axis LT package front and rear. :)

I'll look for you at the next Hillbilly, I want to see that set up you got. By the way, it's been pouring down rain the last few days here in Park Hills... wouldn't you know.

Kurt Glore
10-24-2005, 09:43 PM
Hey Josh, David Hicks is selling his ARS-FX / Axis front end with everything you need for $1950.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=188190

pigeon-13
10-25-2005, 02:57 AM
the rear should alway be you first up grade that where you will notice it most exspecialy with a 450r. I say go for it you cant got wrong.

jdwxv3
10-25-2005, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by kurt440
Josh,

I would put it on and ride with it. You will notice a huge difference with that rear upgrade. I Haven't seen anyone run the Axis rear LT with a Houser swinger. Let me know how it works for you. I've been thinking about switching over to Axis from my Elka. Maybe I can sell my house and get the ARS-FX / Axis LT package front and rear. :)

I'll look for you at the next Hillbilly, I want to see that set up you got. By the way, it's been pouring down rain the last few days here in Park Hills... wouldn't you know.

This is David Hick's old rear end so I know it has to work well cause he is the Missouri State Champ! As far as you switching from Elka to Axis, I would go for it. I had Elka's on my 450R earlier this season and to be honest I would prefer stock over the Elka's. I just never could get them to work right:confused: Anyway, I am in the same boat as you with the Ars-fx set up. It looks like it is awesome but I dont want to get a 2nd mortage on my house, that set up is exspensive:eek2: .

What class are you racing at the next Hillbilly? I am going to race the A class even if I am to lazy to do all the switching of my rear end. No worries anymore, My Brother Mitch is now racing the pro class so the little chit wont be coming up behind me and passing me like I am setting still anymore. Little *******:devil: Well I'll see you in a couple weeks!

Park Hills was dusty this last time but it could have been worse if there was no breeze. But I would have loved some rain

Pappy
10-25-2005, 05:51 AM
i also wanted the arfx arms, but couldnt find a set that wouldnt cause me to rob a bank.

LSR offered me thier new set up, and im very pleased with it!

I just installed the LSR outlaw rear end and cant wait to ride it!

Leschj03
10-25-2005, 03:29 PM
man pappy you age very well whats your secret?? haha:eek2: :D

jdwxv3
10-25-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i also wanted the arfx arms, but couldnt find a set that wouldnt cause me to rob a bank.

LSR offered me thier new set up, and im very pleased with it!

I just installed the LSR outlaw rear end and cant wait to ride it!

How Much is the entire LSR set up with the Axis Shocks for someone with out any help from LSR? Thanks, Josh

Kurt Glore
10-25-2005, 08:36 PM
http://www.lsracing.com/honda-trx450.htm