PDA

View Full Version : Parallel Parking

QuadRacer18
10-24-2005, 07:01 PM
I got my drivers test coming up. I need to get some parallel parking practice so what are the exact demensions for a parallel parking spot? Thanks to whoever responds.

10-24-2005, 07:02 PM
Well in NJ its two cones 40 feet apart. Im taking my permit test tommrow.

10-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Where i took my test i didn't even have to parallel park here in kansas

NacsMXer
10-24-2005, 07:09 PM
Just watch this vid a few times, your instructor will be quite surprised!

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/ppark.html

:blah: :p

QuadRacer18
10-24-2005, 07:22 PM
can someone tell me the average demensions, or for PA if you know.

QuadRacer18
10-25-2005, 07:13 PM
bump, anyone know

gun32boarder
10-25-2005, 07:45 PM
Put like 3ft from the front and from the back. That way you will be prepared for everything.

JDiablo
10-25-2005, 07:51 PM
My driving intructor told me a trick and it works like a charm,you line the corner of the rear window,put the cone in that stop(the window where the people in the back sit,not the back back one)and once you see a cone*i was using that as a guide* you want to turn your steering wheel two full times,and then guide the cone until you see it in the rear rear window on the drivers side then just straighten out the wheel,and your done,i couldnt believe it was that easy,lol

Ralph
10-25-2005, 07:57 PM
i didnt use any tricks or gimmicks, just use your head and youl be fine

400exrules
10-25-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
My driving intructor told me a trick and it works like a charm,you line the corner of the rear window,put the cone in that stop(the window where the people in the back sit,not the back back one)and once you see a cone*i was using that as a guide* you want to turn your steering wheel two full times,and then guide the cone until you see it in the rear rear window on the drivers side then just straighten out the wheel,and your done,i couldnt believe it was that easy,lol

ermmm that didnt make sense to me

toby400ex
10-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
Thats what I did in my driveway for practice. Parents of kids waiting actually clapped. :blah:

JDiablo
10-25-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
ermmm that didnt make sense to me

Its kind of hard to explain over the internet if you did what i was trying to say you would understand that perfectly

duke416ex
10-26-2005, 07:09 AM
As you are backing up, when the back fender gets past the other cars back bumper turn all the way to the right to go into the space. When your front bumper gets even with the back bumper, cut all the way to the left and you will go right in, it works, assuming you aren't driving a boat:eek2:

red2004 TRX450R
10-26-2005, 10:38 AM
Get I die cast car with a working steering wheel and practice with that! This will get the mechanics down and let u practice in the third person so you can see every thing, and how the car swings/turns.

When I practice I just went to the DMV and practice on the Crosse after hours. I did it in a boat!!

coryatver
10-26-2005, 11:09 AM
I just drove around town and practiced on real places. You will figure it out just takes practice.

catch22blaster
10-26-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by clutch
Where i took my test i didn't even have to parallel park here in kansas
me either ive had my liscense for 5 months now driving is a great privlage