PDA

View Full Version : home school vs. public school

wvspeedfreak
10-24-2005, 06:03 PM
I am just curious as to what everyones opinion is about home schooling a child vs. public school.

4oorider
10-24-2005, 06:16 PM
at home: you can sleep in:devil:
public: you might have to ride a bus with 50 screaming little kids
or walk in crowded halls and classes

JR3
10-24-2005, 06:17 PM
If i had kids id home school them. Our schools are so bad like drugs etc. Sure home school them they wont have real world experience or whatever but they would be better people for it. Plus if they race that leaves more time to practice etc.

AtvMxRider
10-24-2005, 06:17 PM
I think public school is better in the long run.

10-24-2005, 06:19 PM
Home school i'd rather be in, you don't have the people that piss you off, but you need to be in public school to at least you freshmen year, cause other wise you won't have near as many friends, but then again, you can ride when your homeschooled:devil:

Mxjunkie
10-24-2005, 06:19 PM
stay in Public atleast till 6th grade or so.

I am in home schooling now the benefits are awesome, I can work a fulltime job. I go to school once a week, 2 hours and I recive packets to do for each subject.

I hated public school. too croweded and I didnt get near as good as an education as I do now

BlasterEaten250
10-24-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

4oorider
10-24-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250

not until your school is full of drug adicts and smokers. Then kids get caught up in that and start doing it then start neglecting school......just my 2 cents

10-24-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
homeschool atleast till 6th grade or so.

I am in home schooling now the benefits are awesome, I can work a fulltime job. I go to school once a week, 2 hours and I recive packets to do for each subject.

I hated public school. too croweded and I didnt get near as good as an education as I do now

Is home school really that good, and can u get into a college just as easy, I really want to do homeschool, I hate my school, and don't like half of the kids there, most of them are punks, stoners etc. and kids who think they're gangsters, when they're white lil B*thces and live in the country :huh , give me some advice, i'm gonna talk to my mom

Mxjunkie
10-24-2005, 06:24 PM
yup you grad with your class and everything, colleges expect us too. you get the same g.e.d and all as public school just less drug dealers, fighting and bs to deal with

4oorider
10-24-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by dvx400rider
[B and kids who think they're gangsters, when they're white lil B*thces and live in the country :huh , give me some advice, i'm gonna talk to my mom [/B]

i hate that so much, dont you jacque

Mxjunkie
10-24-2005, 06:26 PM
Also with public school, in my opinon one teacher cannot teach 30 some kids in one period.

if you need to know anymore ask me :)

10-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by 4oorider
i hate that so much, dont you jacque

ya, o hey timmy, got a new name lol, i was wonderin where you've been

4oorider
10-24-2005, 06:28 PM
yea:blah:

mxjunkie: i have a class with 35 plus kids and we are out of control the whole class time, she gets angry, then goes into a fit and gives up. its kind of sad

Hondadudeehhhh
10-24-2005, 06:30 PM
i love public school. i like playing sports, socializing with everyone, having 6 different teachers every year and not being sheltered from everything. Id feel like a loser if i was home schooled (but ive always gone to public school so i dont know anything else). My school doesnt really have a drug problem more than any other school would have. If you raise your kids to be smart enough they will know to stay away from all that. Of course we party and stuff but thats what being a teenager is

mrusk
10-24-2005, 06:40 PM
I'm working hard so i can afford to send my kids to a good Private school. There is a chance i will home school them in high school if they decided they want to go into the family business. But ofcourse it would be there choice if they wanted to be home schooled vs. private school at that age.

Matt

Mxjunkie
10-24-2005, 06:42 PM
o yeah I forgot, you can still go to school dances, events and play on their teams :)

theTman
10-24-2005, 06:42 PM
i hate school in general....but if i had to pick it would be public school...i get to see all my freinds every day and get to goof off now and then

Hondadudeehhhh
10-24-2005, 06:44 PM
o yeah I forgot, you can still go to school dances, events and play on their teams :)

in michigan if you are home schooled you cant play on any of the sports teams in high school unless it is a club. i dont know about wv

Mxjunkie
10-24-2005, 06:46 PM
Wow that sucks, I know in pa all you have to do is go get a picture for your school id if your going to play for them.

400exrules
10-24-2005, 06:49 PM
im a junior in high school, ive been in public schools all the way, i almost went gateway this year(homeschool) because im so sick of F^ckin school and everything that has anything to do with it. plus i wanna work and ride more.....and i know a few people who are homeschoolin now too, so i could hang out with them more.

one of the main reasons i almost home schooled this year(still thinking about it) is because they are making really gay dress codes, and everything is just goin down hill.

AtvMxRider
10-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Also with public school, in my opinon one teacher cannot teach 30 some kids in one period.

if you need to know anymore ask me :)

Do you get a diploma or a G.E.D.?

JR3
10-24-2005, 06:54 PM
i thinks its like some form of diploma.

10-24-2005, 07:01 PM
Do you get a diploma or a G.E.D.?

Ive never been homeschooled before but since all the works coming from the public school i would think you would get a diploma.

10-24-2005, 07:06 PM
You don't get a Good Enough Diploma, you get a real diploma from a real school. I attend a Virtual Charter school. We have field trips, dances, prom, and real time live classes. It's awesome. I still have school functions, I can play on my districts sports teams, and socialize with other kids. My school was getting very bad with drugs and viloence. 18 kids in last years 8th grade class had to go to rehab, just in 8th grade. The number in the highschool was incredible. I live in a rather rich area(not bragging), and kids have alot of money and not much supervision. What does that equal? Drugs. I feel that I am alot better off doing this school then I was at my highschool. The school I attend is only technically home schooling, because we have teachers, class mates ect., unlike traditional home school where one of your parents teaches you.

Also, my school does actually take 5 or so hours a day. I don't personally beleive you can get a good education going to school for 2 hours and doing packets. Thats just my opinion though, and i'm sure others have different ones.

JH_Racing188
10-24-2005, 07:07 PM
im home schooled right now i wake up go to work for 5-6 hours come home do some stuff and do a lil school work then go ride when i feel like it!

MOFO
10-24-2005, 07:10 PM
This question cannot be answered IMO. Too many variables...

What is the condition of YOUR local school district?
How well can YOUR parents teach you (not everyone is a teacher)?

These are just a few questions that need answered on an individual basis.

Using the excuse, my school is full of drug dealers and people fight all the time...well, you know what... thats part of life sometimes...its up to YOUR parents to raise you so you DO NOT get caught up in everything you are exposed to.

However, if your school and teachers are being directly affected by troublemakers and it is hard to get an education if your truely try, then that is a problem....

wvspeedfreak
10-24-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
You don't get a Good Enough Diploma, you get a real diploma from a real school.

Actually,you get the same diploma as everyone else.Everything has to be approved by the Board Of Education.

660Grizz04
10-24-2005, 07:24 PM
Ive been in public school all my life .... was thinkin about gettin home schooled but, i dont know .... Is there any benifits on getting a ged ??? A kid i know is going to get his .... i'd rather just get my diploma, ... but he insist that he wants to get out of school ....

10-24-2005, 07:27 PM

I go to school once a week, 2 hours and I recive packets to do for each subject.

Vus 5582 posts and 1 time being banned.:blah:

10-24-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Actually,you get the same diploma as everyone else.Everything has to be approved by the Board Of Education. I just said that:confused:

10-24-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by 660Grizz04
Ive been in public school all my life .... was thinkin about gettin home schooled but, i dont know .... Is there any benifits on getting a ged ??? A kid i know is going to get his .... i'd rather just get my diploma, ... but he insist that he wants to get out of school .... I get a diploma, not a GED. I don't know why you would not get a diploma:confused:

wvspeedfreak
10-24-2005, 07:40 PM
Sorry sir.I misunderstood your post.:)

10-24-2005, 07:41 PM
I am temporarily being homeschooled cuz my legs broken n im on medication

I think its great.. the teacher swings by twice a week n helps me out with a few things n tells me what i need to do

But i do miss school n im going back next week

10-24-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Sorry sir.I misunderstood your post.:)

That is what we call a gentlemen. I wonder if everyone on this site could do that for one day starting tommrow.

10-24-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by banshee91
That is what we call a gentlemen. I wonder if everyone on this site could do that for one day starting tommrow. I could. I will be very polite in every post I make from now on. I already always use proper grammar and spelling in my posts, so this shouldn't be too hard:)

400exrules
10-24-2005, 08:19 PM
sooo......i thought you get a GED when you drop out and you take the test for a GED....and you get a regular diploma with home schooling...?

10-24-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
sooo......i thought you get a GED when you drop out and you take the test for a GED....and you get a regular diploma with home schooling...? Correct.

Mxjunkie
10-24-2005, 09:07 PM
Oh and alloy, I forgot to mention I can go all week if I need help, I can call my teacher, instant message her and email her. ;)

10-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Oh and alloy, I forgot to mention I can go all week if I need help, I can call my teacher, instant message her and email her. ;) Nifty; Did your dad give you his truck?

Mxjunkie
10-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
Nifty; Did your dad give you his truck?

yep, I do payments on it and he took the Jeep he's trading it in on something else. :cool:

450robot
10-24-2005, 09:41 PM
home schooling to me sounds alot more laid back and less stressful, but i would always get distracted by the tv, my quad, or other household things to do my work... plus i dont think i could go that long with out hanging with my friends and havin a good time in class and in the lunch room