PDA

View Full Version : hows trinity

czyquad
10-24-2005, 05:17 PM
im thinking about getting trinity do do a mx port and turbo head and pipe my 86 r does anyone have it or can they tell me the best place to go thanks

BLACKeR
10-24-2005, 05:25 PM
i would stay away from trinity if i were you. i have heard bad stuff about them in the past. their turn around time can be rediculous, ive heard of people having to report parts stole before they got them back. also their work isnt always that good. if the knuckle draggers at trinity do you stuff you probly will be less than thrilled, trinity makes a good engine but from what i have heard it can be a real crap shoot getting that engine. thats just what ive heard though no first hand experience...

Lonestar_R
10-24-2005, 05:46 PM
I had an 86 R ported by them and it ran like crap....it had there pipe and half ***** intake filter system on it and what a joke.....it didn't have enough S*** to get out of its own way....and their intake system did nothing but suck in dirt.....it was a good thing I bought the bike for a project...cause it sure was a mess...I would say if I would of paid the money the kid I bought it from said he had in it....I would of sent it somewhere else and sent Trinity the bill for it.....Stay Far Far Away from them.....I could get you a name of a guy that does awesome porting and he's not any big name.....and he would be much cheaper too.....he ported the cylinder that is on my 250R now and all I can say is WOW......

barkbuster350r
10-24-2005, 06:41 PM
Ya I agree with longstar-r and blacker. I bought a 250r exhaust system from them, they told me that it would be all stainless steel pipe with an aluminum silencer. When I got it, the silencer the inlet side and end cap were unfinished steel that rusted immediately. I called them & they said that they had made a mistake to send the silencer back and they would get the right one to me. After sending it back I waited a couple weeks and call, they said they would get it out to me. Then over the next 2 months and after more than a dozen calls and a couple missed rides I demanded my money back. Their service stinks.
Just my experience though.

zedicus00
10-24-2005, 07:08 PM
for porting and head and engine work go with C-Leigh-Racing. hands down. for exhaust i would grab an esr. on the intake side.... ehh.. too many options. hav niel suggest what to get when he does yur engine he will hook it up. neil = c liegh racing

pm me if u need his email or anything

beerock
10-24-2005, 07:53 PM
triintiy blows, heard alot of bad stories about them. the best pipes out for R's are made by curtis sparks.

zedicus00
10-25-2005, 10:27 AM
yeah but isnt there a 6 month wait to get a sparks pipe? i also think ESR makes a better pure topend pipe. well i guess its a shaerer pipe actually. anyways any of thouse 3 r within spitting distance of each other, depends on which you can get and stuff.

as for engine work. ive heard horror stories about all the big names, but if you catch them in a good mood an pay them enuf im sure it will turn out o.k. remember most of thouse guys r doing it for a paycheck and how many of you like your job?

if you want a big name to do yur engine work check out erric gorr. he does good work. other wise go c-leigh all the way.

ESR250R
10-25-2005, 11:30 AM
i went with a lrd port job (lowend) for mx and i believe they did a excellent job. i have that matched up with a esr trx5 pipe and she definetely rips. because of the pipe on there its a little hard hitting but i dont mind it. i would like to get a sparks TT pipe and probably will soon.

czyquad
10-25-2005, 11:38 AM
i just called sparks and they dont do anything for the 250rs anymore that sucks and thanks for everyones input

JTRtrx250r
10-25-2005, 02:51 PM
yeah, you'll find that many companys that let the 250r help make their biz.... that wont work on them anymore:rolleyes:

Trinity sucks! (yeah ESR I said THEY SUCK!) (ESR dont like to read about ppl bashing other biz's.... but WHO's $$ is being spent!"?!?! NOT ESR's!!! YOURS!

then again on a side note... its hard to beat ESR:D