PDA

View Full Version : Company scamming Quad Tech parts look

OutlawEX
10-24-2005, 04:53 PM
Well i was browsing ebay. I came upon this auction listed below. I emailed Quad Tech and show them this as they are using quad techs picture. You can tell on the right side of the hood they cut copy and pasted where the quad tech sticker was. So please be aware of this company. Here is quad techs email back to me to help prevent these guys from mis leading people.

Quad Tech scammer link (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4583444020)

Email from Quad tech
"brandon
these guys change their names on a monthly basis. they are shady and make weak products.
it is my part in the picture you can see that they were too lazy to remove the sticker before they took pic's of it and then cut and pasted carbon over the sticker area.
i get feedback all of the time about poor quality of this stuff.
and they don't send what is exactly in the picture either.
please educate your customers to pay for the parts they want the first time.
see ya
billy"

JandJRacingKFX
10-24-2005, 07:52 PM
Prolly not the right place to put this BUT I have to admit that I bought a Quad Tech rip-off carbon fiber hood for a KFX almost a yr ago off ebay....paid $45 for it....stuck a Quad Tech sticker on it and U cant tell the diff. Its been through some tough wrecks and has came out w/o any damage. This may get erased but I just couldnt see spending that much for a quad tech when the knock-off was SOOO cheap and its lasted

400exrules
10-24-2005, 07:55 PM
ummmm.......why would you pay almost $500 for a piece of plastic on the front of your fourwheeler anyways? Whats so special about a hood besides airflow:huh

JDiablo
10-24-2005, 07:57 PM
its only 115

400exrules
10-24-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
its only 115

look at the MSRP, thats the scam hood, if you care to read

JDiablo
10-24-2005, 08:07 PM
My bad,i dont feel like reading when it says the price right up there,that is just a gimmick so people will think "o chit good price for a high MSRP carbon fiber product" :o

sampleez
10-24-2005, 09:42 PM
i'm with j&j. i bought one of the ebay hoods for my 400ex and it was a great product, and only 35 shipped

fandl450r
10-25-2005, 09:38 AM
This is just like anything else, you pay for the name. Granted QT products might have a better manufacturing process and not break as easily but you are paying for the QT name. It's just like cars or anything else people buy a Ferrari or a Lambo because they can say that they have a "Ferrari."