PDA

View Full Version : A-arm ball joints.

Unverfehrt400ex
10-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Is there any way to replace the ball joints in the stock a arms. mine are going bad and theres a lot of play in the wheel because of it. i dont have the money for new a-arms right now so i was just wandering if theres any way to pu new ball joints in there.

G Impala 63n70
10-24-2005, 05:45 PM
When i was poor and 12 years old. When my banshee balljoint fell out. My dad welded a washer around it. was stronger than stock. Worked fine. Do it up. This is only if you are lower on money than anything.

400exMO
10-24-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm pretty sure there is, but I've heard it's a pain. Go to a dealer or shop and ask around

Chino
10-24-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by 400exMO
I'm pretty sure there is, but I've heard it's a pain. Go to a dealer or shop and ask around

WRONG! No way to replace the stock balljoints in a 400ex a arms. That's the reason "MOST" people will not powdercoat stock 400ex a arms, since you cannot remove the balljoint, they fear the rubber on it getting weak and tearing causing a defect. So your ahead to buy some used stock a-arms because your not gonna get yours out. sorry :mad:

prepracing
10-25-2005, 01:24 AM
if its worth it to you, you could get them out. You would have to cut them off your a-arms and buy some kind of aftermarket ball joints to weld back in place. But probably be cheaper and way easier to find a good used set of a-arms

400exMO
10-25-2005, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Chino
WRONG! No way to replace the stock balljoints in a 400ex a arms. That's the reason "MOST" people will not powdercoat stock 400ex a arms, since you cannot remove the balljoint, they fear the rubber on it getting weak and tearing causing a defect. So your ahead to buy some used stock a-arms because your not gonna get yours out. sorry :mad:

my fault, sorry!