PDA

View Full Version : Sparks Big Core on '06 450R

RedRacer44
10-24-2005, 03:29 PM
I picked up my Sparks Big Core full exhaust on friday from JH Racing for my '06 TRX. As I posted earlier, we had gotten a Sparks Big Core silencer for an 04/05 TRX to fit onto the stock silencer on my '06. There was nice power made there but we felt like we just wasnt getting the full effect as we would with a full system.....

We also compared the Sparks BC to the Sparks pipe that you'd put on the CRF motor in a hybrid. They were quite similiar in the header pipe bend, just thought ya guys might find that interesting! After installation, I bumped up the main to a 170. I havent made any adjustments to the needle, pilot, or the accel. pump yet....gonna wait till I throw in the cam in a week or two. I also cut the wire on the CDI to bring the rev limit to 10,850 which worked out great!

The power is awesome, the new motor pulls hard right off the bottom and pulls all the way to 10,850 which was really nice in the long straight-aways at Swan MX where I rode it this weekend. In comparision to my '04 that had the Sparks Big Core, the '06 motor responded better to the exhaust change and performs better. Even with bumping up to a 14t sprocket, I could lug the bike through corners or brake hard to pitch the bike where I wanted.....just lay on the throttle when I got it in the right direction! In several up-hill sections on the track, I could hang right with my buddies TRXs and YFZs who either had HRC cam or had the cam mod on the YFZ. Was very pleased with this!!

Over-all, very happy with the pipe especially since I got it rather quickly! Makes great power for MX and will do even better after I get the HRC cam in along with spot-on jetting and a better air filter!

400exrider0004
10-24-2005, 04:14 PM
Got any pictures???

RedRacer44
10-24-2005, 04:50 PM
No, i didnt snap any pictures....we had a TQRA race sat. and sun. so I was busy all weekend.....

Get some later.....the pipe looks like any other Sparks Big Core, unless ya lay it next to the old head-pipes for the 04/05 or next to the CRF Sparks pipe.....

400exrider0004
10-24-2005, 08:00 PM
I just want to see them cause I want to see what it looks like on an 06. And because im not sure what kind of exhaust i wan't yet. Thanks.

10-25-2005, 11:13 AM
get some pics! :macho

kahuna4
10-28-2005, 09:30 AM
what wire on the cdi box did you cut thanks

RedRacer44
10-28-2005, 10:42 AM
If you are looking at the CDI from the front of the bike, its the far left plug of the CDI. The wire is the green wire towards the front of the plug on the right, I THINK! I cant remember exactly if thats it or not...I'll have to look on my bike when I get home. Drop me a PM to remind me and I'll look....

THIS ONLY WORKS ON THE 2006 TRX! Not on the '04 or the '05!