PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY got my Renthals coming...

PoopOna400EX
06-18-2002, 04:15 PM
After messing with the QuadShop for a week trying to get a pair of Renthal handlebars sent, I cancelled the order with them and placed my order with RockyMountainATV. Not only did I save money, but they were on the UPS truck within 3 hours of my order. I should have done this in the first place. I've ordered stuff from RockyMountainATV before, I would highly recommend them to anyone.

I've ordered stuff from the QuadShop before (Elka Triple Rates) and had no problem. I tried to support them, even though they cost more, but it kind of backfired on me this time. This entire ordeal was a mess.

Hopefully I'll get them before the weekend, otherwise this will be two weekends in a row that I missed.

~Jason

02exchic
06-18-2002, 04:17 PM
Chapparel has a good deal on the renthal bars too, $39.99 + shipping. I ordered mine on a Wednesday and had them by Friday!

PoopOna400EX
06-18-2002, 04:20 PM
02exchic:

yeah, I saw those. I almost ordered them, but decided to get the ATV Race Bend. $39.95 is a VERY good deal. Do you like them?

~Jason

Razorback
06-18-2002, 05:19 PM
you'll like the atv race bend :) well, at least i do. i like it a lot better over the stock bend.

02exchic
06-18-2002, 05:25 PM
PoopOna400EX....

Yeah, they are a MAJOR improvement over stock, more comfortable positioning (IMO)...plus they look a h*ll of a lot better:D

Mostly I went with those because of pricing.....dealer had the same bars 'on sale' for $59.

May upgrade again someday but I want a pipe and other stuff first. Priorities, priorities;)

PoopOna400EX
06-18-2002, 05:34 PM
Yep, definitely got to get your priorities straight... :)

Start saving that money, you'll really like getting rid of the stock pipe...

~Jason

rowlrag
06-19-2002, 06:06 AM
keep your business dealings to yourself, especially over something as cheap as handlebars. How would some of you guys like people getting on here and saying, so and so sucks he can't ride! Think about it guys, stop the bashing and grow up!

PoopOna400EX
06-19-2002, 06:35 AM
rowlrag:

If I were bashing I would say you're a freaking idiot. Telling about poor business dealings is not flaming. Why don't you take a look at the posting guide and get a clue. It's stating fact, not flaming, if somebody thought I sucked at riding, that's matter of opinion, and so be it.

Some people have no clue in life, why don't you save yourself the embarrasment and stop posting.

~Jason

pbarr86
06-19-2002, 07:05 AM
Hey 02exchic,
I may have to order me them Renthals, tell me did they come with a crossbar pad or should I order one while I am at it??

Paul

02exchic
06-19-2002, 08:26 AM
pbarr86...

Yeah, they came with a matching crossbar pad...all in all not a bad deal I'd say ;) They are about the same as stock but don't come up as high at the top bend.....lots better in the comfort department!

and hey rowlrag....
Chill!!! all PoopOna400EX was passing on some info just to let people know! Don't take it so personally....:huh

and finally, PoopOna400EX...

Working on saving that good 'ol $$$...working the OT now, maybe I will actually have the money for a pipe by the end of summer.... Still need gas $$ to ride. :D

--Carrie

pbarr86
06-19-2002, 09:11 AM
02exchic,

Thanks for all of the info I just went and ordered a set, although the company is in Cali and I'm out in Mass so it will take forever to get here :( I have gone this long with the stock bars I guess I can go another week.

Tomorrow I will order the 87' 250x ignition plastic from my dealer and I now I guess while I will have everything taken apart I should get rid of the stupid parking brake setup. I know I can order a blockoff plate from many places but can you (or anyone else) recommend a good replacemnet clutch lever and perch for a 300ex.

thanks again,
Paul

02exchic
06-19-2002, 10:22 AM
pbarr86,

No problem! Hope you like them. Glad to pass on helpful info, when I can that is. ;)

The parking brake block off is also a great idea....Honda should really do something about that p-brake system!

Sorry...don't know anything about a replacemnet clutch lever or a perch for a 300ex. I'm sure you can get some good advice on here from someone though! Good Luck!

--Carrie

yellow400
06-19-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by 02exchic
Chapparel has a good deal on the renthal bars too, $39.99 + shipping. I ordered mine on a Wednesday and had them by Friday!

does that chapparel have a website. how did you get renthals for 39.99 tell me the website please

PoopOna400EX
06-19-2002, 04:21 PM
http://www.chaparral-racing.com/

They are under the outlet section. There is a link on the right hand side of the main page...

~Jason

rowlrag
06-19-2002, 09:04 PM
Hey dude I re-read my reply and it did start out wrong.sorry. But is it not true that Jeff was sending your bars and grips but he forgot about you using a thumb throttle and only had grips for twist? And did he offer to send the bars then and grips later and he'd pay shipping on the grips? If true I wouldn't call that a poor business experience, would anyone else?

airheadedduner
06-19-2002, 09:51 PM
For clutch perch works connection is the only way to go. To bad it cost 125 bucks. My friend has the MSR dominator raptor set-up on his R and I really like it. IT is a good deal.

PoopOna400EX
06-19-2002, 11:50 PM
rowlrag:

I guess if we're going to get into the details of the problem, we should discuss the facts:

1) Placed the order on a Monday, specifically asked if they were in stock, the answer was "Yes", or actually, "I'll just run down the street to White Brothers and get them." Ok fine, I'll take them.

2) Wednesday I get a phone call, "I forgot to ask if you needed ATV or twist throttle grips, I told him. " "ok, thanks"

3) Friday, I call and call and call and get a stupid fax machine screeching in my ear. Comon, at least get an answering machine. So I send an email. "Could you please send the tracking number for my package." No reply Friday and no reply Monday.

4) Monday I call...screech...screech...more fax machines.

5) Finally I get a hold of someone. We're still waiting on your ATV grips, "Now wait a minute, just last week I was told you had them in stock." So here it is a week later and I'm just learning that the items aren't even in stock. I think I should have been told this as soon as he found out. So anyway, he says they SHOULD be in tomorrow and get shipped out.

6) Tuesday afternoon, I call, surprise...surprise...they still aren't in yet. He offers to send the handlebars now and then send the grips later. Exactly what am I going to do with a pair of handlebars and no grips?

7) I ask to cancel my order. At least he's nice and has no problem cancelling the order.

8) A couple of other little issues. When I placed my order, he told me $77. The charge then shows up on my credit card as $80. At least be consistant. Obviously the $3 doesn't bother me, it's the principle of it by this time. No big deal, but the funny thing is, I've been charged, yet no merchandise has ever been sent. If I'm not mistaken, VISA has a policy against such charges, now that you bring this up rowlrag, I should look into that tomorrow.

rowlrag, you know, I was over with this and happy to have my Renthals on the way. Just wanted to make people aware I had a problem. Now you start digging at it and it's only got my feathers ruffled again. Well, now all the fact are on the table, people can judge it how they see fit.

Crap happens in business, there's nothing you can do about it, but it's all about establishing correct expectations and maintaining up to date communications on the status of issues. By not returning emails and having it be nearly impossible to make a phone call to them, it's kind of hard to accomplish either one of these tasks.

You asked for the details, so there it is.

~Jason

pbarr86
06-20-2002, 12:42 PM
I'd have to agree w/ Poopono400ex on this one.

Business is business and things will get messed up, I can live with that. It's when I can't speak to someone or they won't return my call or reply to my email to at least tell me what is going on, then my business will go elsewhere. There are too many choices out there to have to put up with poor customer service.

ANYWAY, :D My Renthal's (black) are on their way, along with my new Red grips, ignition plastic for a 87' 250x, parking brake blockoff plate, and a new CR style clutch lever and perch.

Now if Mr. UPS man would show up at my door soon I will be very happy!!!

Paul

PS thanks again to 02exchic for the info!!!!!!

PoopOna400EX
06-20-2002, 01:06 PM
cool...have fun with your new goodies pbarr!

Hopefully Mr. UPS will stop at my house right after yours... :)

~Jason

02exchic
06-20-2002, 01:56 PM
...yeah and then mine:D

pbarr86...glad to see you are getting all that you were looking for!! enjoy.
btw...the black bars look great w/red grips...good taste (that's what I have too)

yellow400
06-20-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by 02exchic
PoopOna400EX....

Yeah, they are a MAJOR improvement over stock, more comfortable positioning (IMO)...plus they look a h*ll of a lot better:D

Mostly I went with those because of pricing.....dealer had the same bars 'on sale' for $59.

May upgrade again someday but I want a pipe and other stuff first. Priorities, priorities;)

yo poopona400ex or 02exchic can you post pictures of your bars

02exchic
06-21-2002, 08:47 AM
yellow400...

Go to http://www.chaparral-racing.com/
you can see pics of the bars there...I don't have a digital camera or a scanner to post pics...sorry:(
They really are pretty close to the stock bars, just don't come up as high and they stick out a little farther. I really like them, plus they look better than that big yellow (or red) piece that comes over the stock bars and they have a stabilizer to help with the bending factor.

I think most people's preference is the race bend bars...but if $$ is a factor, it's hard to beat that $40 price tag!