PDA

View Full Version : What did I damage??

reb2001@msn.com
10-24-2005, 08:50 AM
I bought a new Yamaha 200 Blaster 2005 for my son a few months ago. Last weekend he serviced the trans. case and over filled it. He took the ATV down th road and came back with oil all over the engine. We couldn't determine where it was coming from. Upon observing the problem, I found out that he overfilled it. I drained almost two quarts of oil from it and refilled it to specs. He ran it the rest of the week with no problem. This weekend he said it kept dying on him. It would go about 20 feet and die. Did he damage something when overfilling?:confused: Please give me some advice on what to check or do. I think that this voided the warranty. I also need the torque specs. for the head gasket in case I need to check the piston and gasket.

THANKS
Iraqi Veteran

tater_kamik
10-24-2005, 08:57 AM
your going to have to give a little more info than that unfortunately. such as, what was it doing when it died, what did you check, etc. first things to check would be the spark plug, gas, etc. it is probably just something very basic. run it yourself and see if you can duplicate the problem and go from there!

hondajoe05
10-29-2005, 06:12 PM
reed valves i seen that happen to a buddys atleast thats what he said it was and it was dripping oil like crazy

bradrenea
10-30-2005, 08:01 PM
Overfilling the transmission on a two stroke should not make the motor die. (Tranny oil has nothing to do with motor) If it ran right the rest of the week then the problem is probably not related. I would say change the plug and go from there. Alot of times old plug will look ok but it will be fouled. Anyway, change the plug, service the airfilter, and see what happens.
I can't remember, do Blasters have oil injection or are they premix? If its injected make sure there is still oil in the tank. If its premix is it possible that your son filled up with regular fuel. If either of these happened then the rings are probably shot, maybe the piston.

bwamos
10-31-2005, 08:42 AM
Blasters are oil injected. Unless you remove the system.