PDA

View Full Version : Running stock lights and trail techs?

CTmxyfz
10-24-2005, 06:41 AM
Hey guys, im a frantic state before thursday night, im transforming my MX 416ex into a 12 hour 416ex. My biggest question at this time is wether or not i can run the stocfk headlights and trail tech handlebar mounted lights at the same time??? Is it possible? How have you guys done it? Does it draw alot of current from the battery? This bike is running on the same battery it has had since it was bought 4 1/2 years ago. I just put a piston and rings after 4 1/2 years also. The piston wasnt even really needed but rings were. I have faith in this bike completeing the 12 hours with ease. I just need some help with the light question ASAP. Does anyone have a smaller front sprocket or rear sprocket that they do not want and can donate for the 12 hour race? Im afraid tthat using my MX gearing with the larger tires will shread the clutch to pieces. Stay tuned for more questions! My team is strictly MX riders and we are attemping this woods riding thing:huh

JOEX
10-24-2005, 08:30 AM
You can run both but I belive over time it will wear out the stator.
With the Trail Techs you wont need the stock lights, just run the seperatly.

Chino886
10-24-2005, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by CTmxyfz
Hey guys, im a frantic state before thursday night, im transforming my MX 416ex into a 12 hour 416ex. My biggest question at this time is wether or not i can run the stocfk headlights and trail tech handlebar mounted lights at the same time??? Is it possible? How have you guys done it? Does it draw alot of current from the battery? This bike is running on the same battery it has had since it was bought 4 1/2 years ago. I just put a piston and rings after 4 1/2 years also. The piston wasnt even really needed but rings were. I have faith in this bike completeing the 12 hours with ease. I just need some help with the light question ASAP. Does anyone have a smaller front sprocket or rear sprocket that they do not want and can donate for the 12 hour race? Im afraid tthat using my MX gearing with the larger tires will shread the clutch to pieces. Stay tuned for more questions! My team is strictly MX riders and we are attemping this woods riding thing:huh

"With the 400EX in stock form with battery, you can run two of our MR11 HIDs with the stock lights, all at the same time." I got this as a response from Trail Tech Support. Hope this helps.

D

CTmxyfz
10-25-2005, 09:13 AM
how can i tell what model lights i have? hmmm

TRFOXX
10-25-2005, 03:14 PM
I have the trail tech light system on my Z400 and i have them hooked up to my stock lights. But i have them hooked up so that when i turn on the brights the trail techs come on with the stock lights, and when i turn on the dims the trail tecs go off and just have stock lights on. I have found that this works very well as long as you keep the trail tec lights off when the quad is turned off. You shut down the quad for a min. with those lights on and youll have a dead battery!

trx400exxracer
10-25-2005, 04:29 PM
get 2 batteries and hook them up to each other my friend does this for starts and boy does it work