PDA

View Full Version : Thumb throttle

dirtriderex
10-23-2005, 09:25 PM
This whole year of riding my thumb has been getting tired. What does everyone think of the moose thumb throttle. Are there any advantages other that it looking good

pigeon-13
10-23-2005, 09:50 PM
you should'nt be having that problem with a 450r. But since you are check make sure theres no bends or creases in your throttle cable if thats good use wd-40 or any kind of teflon lube for yor throttle cable. cause theres something bound up some were.
GOOD LUCK

tater_kamik
10-24-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by pigeon-13
you should'nt be having that problem with a 450r. But since you are check make sure theres no bends or creases in your throttle cable if thats good use wd-40 or any kind of teflon lube for yor throttle cable. cause theres something bound up some were.
GOOD LUCK

why wouldnt he have that problem?

you may want to try an twist throttle, but as far as the moose extension, i couldnt tell you. but if it gives you some extra leverage, and you dont want an twist throttle try it out and see if you like it! cable lube is an good idea though, it will definately reduce the resistance

rob-u/21
10-24-2005, 11:34 AM
I used in last year's BAJA 1000 and this year's BAJA 500. The first time I used it felt weird but after a few miles I got used to and actually liked it in those longer desert sections. One thing that is cool about it is that it is rubbery and you can move it and mold it to your thumb. And it also very easy to put on and take off.

aviator4
10-24-2005, 12:15 PM
Are you talking about the extension to the stock throttle. or the billet throttle assembly the sell?

I"m using the entire assembly and it does make the throttle a little asier to push, but not enough to warrant the price. The real advantage to it is the "bling" factor. It definatley does look cool. I had to work on in little bit one it was installed becasue the arm they supply inside was rubbing a little bit on on the edge of the assembly, but it wasn't a big deal.

All in all though, naw.. this won't solve your problem.

It also let me install switch inside for my nitrous.. but thats a differenet story.