PDA

View Full Version : Uni air filter or K&N

06-18-2002, 03:30 PM
Which one should I get for my 300ex? which one has the best power gains? not sure? getting new one soon!

rdmex
06-18-2002, 04:21 PM
FREEKIN UNI BLOWS AWAY KN

eldoexrider01
06-18-2002, 07:52 PM
if u are wanting performance increase....k&n

if u want somthin to get by for replacing the stock....uni

R-Crazy
06-18-2002, 08:12 PM
K&N

dave

redryder300
06-18-2002, 08:25 PM
The K&N is a good filter but it will allow more particulents into the motor.
Take a K&N filter and hold it up to a light bulb and look thru it and you will see tiny holes about the size of a head of a pin.
I've had a K&N on my truck for over a year and I recently took it off because I started seeing fine particles of dust in my intake tube.

Get a foam filter if you want to keep your motor happy.

2k2-300exnj
06-18-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by redryder300
The K&N is a good filter but it will allow more particulents into the motor.
Take a K&N filter and hold it up to a light bulb and look thru it and you will see tiny holes about the size of a head of a pin.
I've had a K&N on my truck for over a year and I recently took it off because I started seeing fine particles of dust in my intake tube.

Get a foam filter if you want to keep your motor happy.

outerwears solve that problem and still give more air than uni
K&N all the way

06-18-2002, 11:59 PM
I personally run a UNI Hi flow multistage foam element, My opinion is K&N is overrated and overpriced.

TheChknhwk
06-19-2002, 07:06 AM
All these accessories are overpriced in my opinion.... but that is another matter. I recently purchased the K&N power up kit which consists of new dyno jets (supposedly different/better than normal jets), K&N filter & prewear & there is a noticable throttle response increase in the midrange RPM's & 2-4th gear. I am running w/out the airbox lid w/dyno's 160 main jet.

As far as cleanliness goes, I pulled the filter after this weekends ride which consisted of a lot of superficial mud & surface water, and rain, but nothing deep. The prewear was wet & inside of the airbox had some dirt & wetness in it, but the inside of the filter itself was completly clean & moisture free. I always keep my lid around though for when I take the power washer to it!

Hope this gives you some perspective...

Hawk

06-19-2002, 08:42 AM
i run a K&N, buying an outerwere soon, best setup u can get

mcmike
06-20-2002, 03:22 PM
Keep it clean and oiled, you will have no problems. Raced mine through mud, sand, and water, for over a year now, NO problems.

06-20-2002, 06:15 PM
uni all the way

tests have shown that uni lets as much air through as k&n. nouthing beats a uni, say what you must but that is my 2 cents

Zero Z400
06-20-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Red Rider 9
uni all the way

tests have shown that uni lets as much air through as k&n. nouthing beats a uni, say what you must but that is my 2 cents Show me the tests and i will believe it. Mickey Dunlap siad the K&N has better flow but u should always have an outwear on it. The reason K&N are more expensive is becuase its a whole air filter, the Uni is just foam that uses the stock body. I prefer the K&N w/ outwear.

Later

user101
06-20-2002, 07:30 PM
i have both i have a kn w/outerware on my lil sis's 250ex and i didnt realy notice any powergains at all with it. the 250 is completly stock tho.

i got a uni when i bought my e-series so i cant really tell if there were any powergains and i think the uni is bettr quality than the kn/