PDA

View Full Version : Temper

m_townsgreatest
10-23-2005, 09:05 PM
Does anyone have any ways to get rid of anger fast? I have a very bad temper and people piss me off really fast and i get reallly really worked up! Does anyone have any ways to calm down?

10-23-2005, 09:06 PM
yup.. maturity.

Jesse

Mxjunkie
10-23-2005, 09:08 PM
I have a short fuse as well. I just walk off and sit alone for a little and just calm down. works better then me breaking my knuckle again punching a wall and random objects non stop.

m_townsgreatest
10-23-2005, 09:14 PM
thats what I do, except i dont get lucky breakin my hand i break what i hit nd have to fix it like random doors nd walls nd my house.

dirt merchant shut the HE11 up u have yet to post one helpin thing in my dang posts. So either post something that will help or stop posting in them. THANX!

Mxjunkie
10-23-2005, 09:16 PM
lol hit a concrete wall then dummy, your hand aint going thru that :devil:

all kidding aside get a punching bag and just wail at it if your stressed, we have one at work its my best friend specially when bumpers and all fall on me lol

Try and not let stuff bother you, most likely if its a kid that pisses you off and you show it they wont stop because they know it bothers you.

riding works wonders..

m_townsgreatest
10-23-2005, 09:18 PM
lol i have almost hit a few conrete walls but people stopped me. I do have a punching bag and i just cant hit it hard enough and i need more stuff to calm me.

I wish i could ride but my 300 is torn down and i usually get pissed at like 11 oclock at night and i cant really just take my dads quad and go ride this late

Mxjunkie
10-23-2005, 09:20 PM
take anger managment class's then.

Maybe rubb one out?? :confused:

JATV250
10-23-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by m_townsgreatest
Does anyone have any ways to get rid of anger fast? I have a very bad temper and people piss me off really fast and i get reallly really worked up! Does anyone have any ways to calm down?

Buy you a set of drums. :D

ThumPIN_450R
10-23-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69

that's how I roll

10-23-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69

real mature josh:rolleyes: :p

MAaudioX10
10-23-2005, 10:40 PM
How old are you?

If your young, you'll learn. I know you may think you have everything figured out but, life likes to throw in a few twists.

As soon as you turn 18 ( if your already not), people won't be so inclined to sit down and listen. Your legally an adult and, by that time, you should have enough self-control.

Exhibiting an abusive mentality will only make you a liability to society.

DAB516
10-23-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Dirt Merchant
yup.. maturity.

Jesse

Sometimes the truth hurts. Grow up and stop with the hissy fits. They'll get you nowhere in life but jail time.

QuadJunkies
10-23-2005, 11:35 PM
well Im gonna take a dif. approach to this... I did and still do have a temper , I dont think mine is merly more than just a Mom who works full time whos tired sometimes and it tends to make me a little more short tempered at times...Also, everyday stress,time,money... I think most of you can relate to that!!! lol

I know sometimes this anger can come from other things like alot of hatred or problems at home growing up, most of the time as we all grow up we shake that but not everyone..I had a freind at work whos husband commited Suicide two weeks ago from all the anger he carried inside,I was worried he may hurt or kill her and there Son as well as himself .He also used to take it out on his Child and Wife physically. Being to a certain degreee of anger is NOT good and maybe going to a Dr. to get some couceling is good . Some people dont beleive in councelors, but in some cases, its good to go ,taking some Anger mngmnt. classes is another good idea.

10-24-2005, 12:49 AM
my anger managment classes are really pissing me off:huh :p

Dupontster
10-24-2005, 05:18 AM
Maybe you just need a good slappin....:D
J/K man....life is too short to be going around with a chip on your shoulder....Calm down and enjoy life....You never know when something is going to happen and ruin everything....You might even go off and really hurt someone or even kill em....Be cool..:cool:

Quad18star
10-24-2005, 06:57 AM
Go see a doctor ... they got meds for this kind of stuff or get some councelling .

Take advice from someone with personal experience of punching a brick wall .... don't do it ... it hurts when your knuckles are almost pushed up to your wrist . I did it once and will never do it again .

NitrousEdge
10-24-2005, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Go see a doctor ... they got meds for this kind of stuff or get some councelling .

Take advice from someone with personal experience of punching a brick wall .... don't do it ... it hurts when your knuckles are almost pushed up to your wrist . I did it once and will never do it again .

I'm with this guy - I have done that before too...

I was put on anti-Rage medication about a year ago, and it has done wonders for me.....

QuadJunkies
10-24-2005, 09:55 AM
Seriously though.. If you KNOW you have an anger problem, thats 1/2 the battle!! :) Finding a way to control it isnt always as easy.

Im not like a VIOLENT person, but I do have a temper and Im very defensive, I hate it .I bite my tongue ALOT- but sometimes I cant help it! :p lol

QuadJunkies
10-24-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Dupontster
Maybe you just need a good slappin....:D

]Now thats the best therapy I have heard YET!! :devil: http://photobucket.com/albums/v348/QuadJunkies/th_barebutt.gif

Quad18star
10-24-2005, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by NitrousEdge
I'm with this guy - I have done that before too...

I was put on anti-Rage medication about a year ago, and it has done wonders for me.....

Just to clear things up .... I'm not an angry person and I don't have a temper . I punched a wall after I had a few too many brown pops when I was younger .

But if all else fails for you and you can't find a cure , I'll send you some of the finest cuts of green straight from B.C. This stuff will mellow you right out . :devil:

stevez400
10-24-2005, 10:23 AM
IF you have a serious rage problem which I don't think you do because people with these problem don't know they have the problem, then you need to go see someone. My brother in law has been in and out of the hospital due to anger, depression problems. He would completely flip out over basically nothing. HE is doing great now beacuse he realized that he did have a problem when before he would blame everyone else for making him angry when nobody would do anything.
Now back to you. I have been to many couslor meetings with my bro inlaw. Family is encourage to go to the meetings. Now I dont' think you need meds or anything beacsue I dont think your anger problem is serious. I think time will get you settled down. Now like someone said how old are you.? Young teen that are going thru differnt fases with there bodies tend to have a testorone fix that will create some anger. It will also make you feel stronger and like you need to hit something. Just sit down and relax dont pace or go hit a punching bag. IF you are somwehera dn get angry where there isn't a punching bag for you to hit then you are going to start hitting other things. You need to get out of that faze. Like I said go sit down somewhere and just relax.
Now if you do ahve a seriouse problem read the book "stop walking on egg shells" Its not a book for you to stop your anger. Its how your family has to deal with your anger. Its true stories of what people went thru and it will make you realize you arnt hurting your self your hurting you family and the people that care about you. Bcasue your family like that title says is walking on egg shells and the wrong move will make the egg break, in other words make you snap. Sorry for the long post but i have delt with this stuff for over 5 years now and I don;t want to see a family get hurt like my wifes family did.

wilkin250r
10-24-2005, 11:08 AM
Honestly, this is something I will never understand.

How can you NOT control your emotions? How can you go through life letting something have that much control over you?

Are you aware of the world around you? Don't you realize that getting mad, losing your temper, and punching things make you look REALLY stupid?

Try this one. Next time you get really mad about something, take a second and think about how you look to other people. Take a brief moment and think "Boy, I bet I look like a real idiot punching this brick wall."

This post isn't meant to piss anybody off, or imply that anybody is stupid. It's meant to open your eyes a little, and let you know what the rest of the world thinks of your temper tantrums.

QuadJunkies
10-24-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Honestly, this is something I will never understand.

How can you NOT control your emotions? .

Be a female and you will see how hard that can be at times!! :o :p

JK ;)

baseballplaya23
10-24-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
But if all else fails for you and you can't find a cure , I'll send you some of the finest cuts of green straight from B.C. This stuff will mellow you right out . :devil:
haha im sure that will do the trick. lmao

AtvMxRider
10-24-2005, 01:30 PM

Does this piss you off?

red2004 TRX450R
10-24-2005, 01:33 PM
Zanax WORKS GOOD!!!

DEAL
10-24-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Dirt Merchant
yup.. maturity.

Jesse

your completely right.

Quad18star
10-24-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Does this piss you off?

ROFLMAO . :p

Giz400ex
10-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

How can you NOT control your emotions? How can you go through life letting something have that much control over you?

Just to let ya know, I'm 31 and have been on meds for 2 years because I got sick and tired of flipping out. When it comes down to almost flippin, control is not even a option. I believe its something chemical in your brain that takes over everything and can't control it. I've tried the counselling thing and didn't work. Now I'm on meds and feel about 75% better. Still get pissed but not alot.

10-24-2005, 02:41 PM
Its weird for me,sometimes im cool,sometimes i just say **** you, and then theres the time i could litarly kill someone,i get real mad,breath real heavy,sometimes give something a punch, i dont do it in public because u would look like a total loser. If im going to fight someone i just think about something and get all worked up and just let it go on them.

wvspeedfreak
10-24-2005, 03:20 PM

Usually a genuine arse whoopin does wonders for that.:D

Pappy
10-24-2005, 03:24 PM
i probably have the worst temper one could ever want. its not a thing im proud of, but thats who i am. as ive gooton older its calmed down somewhat.

usually an activity like a punching bag or a weight set will help, i personally lock and load and install new holes in my targets. see, ive learned to control my temper, i used to just put new holes in everything:eek:

Mxjunkie
10-24-2005, 03:44 PM
I found one that works today, dounuts in a jeep :) and a baseball bat to a vp can across the driveway rofl

Giz400ex
10-24-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by banshee91
i dont do it in public

See, my problem was that I didn't care if I was home, out at a restaurant, on the road ect...... I was face to face and looked like a wacko!!!! I hated it:grr:

10-24-2005, 04:24 PM
I used to be like that,im in hs now so i have to keep friends. I do it in a fight,ill be soo pissed i can just do anything.

exboy
10-24-2005, 04:26 PM
i punched a wall at school and broke my hand cus my ex broke up with me ( that was the first time out of three) and looked like an a** in front of everyone. 2002400ex was in the stall takin a chit when i did it too he was like oooh.

Blysster
10-24-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by exboy

exboy... does that make you a girl now?

JK man, I couldn't help it. :devil: