View Full Version : 2006 450r w/HRC kit

Jonas
10-23-2005, 09:00 PM
Well, I've heard a few reviews of the new 06 trx450r with the HRC kit installed and they seem to rip. Has anyone out there dragged their 06 w/hrc against a stock or modded 04 or 05?

Transplant2
10-23-2005, 10:10 PM
Yep...just installed HRC this weekend and raced 04's w/HRC as well. It was somewhat close out of the hole but once we hit the hill I was gone. Traded bikes with same results. Needless to say...I think there will be a couple more 06's in the group soon.

Shawn Hess
10-23-2005, 11:03 PM
I have a nicely modded 04, and I just raced my 06 with HRC kit against it and man the 06 won by several bike lengths. The 06 Hauls *****

eagertorace
10-24-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Shawn Hess
I have a nicely modded 04, and I just raced my 06 with HRC kit against it and man the 06 won by several bike lengths. The 06 Hauls *****

Hope jmw reads this:D

Jonas
10-24-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Shawn Hess

Good info. What power related mods do you have on the 04? Thanks.

Jonas
10-24-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Transplant2
Yep...just installed HRC this weekend and raced 04's w/HRC as well. It was somewhat close out of the hole but once we hit the hill I was gone. Traded bikes with same results. Needless to say...I think there will be a couple more 06's in the group soon.

What was the approx length of the hill and about how many bike lengths on average? Were any of the 04 piped as well?

Has anyone seen both an 04/05 and a 06 with or without HRC kit on the same dyno? If not, would anyone from the Northwest with an HRC kitted 06 want to share some dyno time?

Transplant2
10-24-2005, 12:41 PM
It was about 75yds on the flat and another 75yds up the hill. It was in Florence near comp hill. If you just follow the water ridge (dry now) south to that big hill perpidicular to comp. I think it was 10-15 bike lengths...but I'm not positive since I was in front everytime. :macho Let's put it this way...I got turned around before they hit the top. No pipes...all factory HRC upgrades.

I would be interested in a dyno run. Would like to get numbers on my banshee as well. Let me know details. Cost...location...time required..etc.

Shawn Hess
10-25-2005, 01:03 AM
My 2004 has the HRC kit, jenssen rev box, 11:5:1 High compression piston, head ported polished and flowed by Hickman Racing, FMF Factory 4 exhaust system with jet kit, UNI air filter, and a few other mods that shall remain nameless. :D

Transplant2
10-31-2005, 11:58 PM
Here is one I found...06 in the lead :macho

450r51
11-01-2005, 08:22 AM
i heard an06 with the hrc kit makes close to if not 55 hp. i got that from the video honda put out showcasing the quad.

Jonas
11-01-2005, 09:20 AM
The claim is 50 by Honda. I'm guessing 46 or so until I see a good dyno.

ocoast2005
11-01-2005, 09:39 AM
Transplant2 i live in CoosBay .. what do you think of the HRC cam ?
i am picking up an 06 in a cpl of days and plan on putting a full exhauste on it so i realy don't want to buy the whole kit.
how did the hrc kit affect the bottom end.. does any one know of a drop in cam for the 06 besides the hrc?
my planned modes are whitebrothers alumminum proII with the E2 quiet core. Boysen quickshot.Cam.DASA porting.K&N.

Transplant2
11-01-2005, 10:47 AM
The kit didn't add much low end but it did smooth it out a bit. It climbs all the tree shoots in 2nd just fine. The added top end is amazing. I think you would at least want the jet kit and possibly the cam. Basically I think you should just get the whole kit and bolt it on and hang on! Then you can change stuff as you like...and as their performance is proven.

BTW...I am going to winchester bay on Nov 19-20. Let me know if you get one by then. :)

ocoast2005
11-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Definitley will, i just donet want to pay for parts i wont be using,
if i do get the hrc the only part i'll use is the cam...
i am trying to find a cam for more bottom end ..some times i'll go down a trail with steep climbes on the way back up and its hard to keep the front end down on the way back up so little more torque on the bottom would be nice...what are you running for tires.. i am thinking 9 or 10 paddel extremes 22-11-10 rear ,itp sandstars frt
hopefully we can hookup one of these days

Transplant2
11-01-2005, 01:05 PM
That would be too much tire for the HRC cam. No wonder why you can't keep the front down. :D I have 21x12x8-8 paddle haulers. It's still a bit too much hook but does alright. I would love to get "raptor torque" our of my R...but it still screams right now. Besides the jet kit I guess you wouldn't want/need anything else. Stock '06 needle is non-adjustable BTW.

E.POWERSPORTS
11-01-2005, 02:07 PM
Did you have any trouble adjusting your accelerator pump to the requirement of the 06 hrc kit.

Transplant2
11-01-2005, 04:12 PM
NO...why does everyone keep asking that? I marked the stock position and turned it to HRC settings.

YardDog24
01-23-2006, 10:09 PM
NO...why does everyone keep asking that? I marked the stock position and turned it to HRC settings.

I know its an old thread. :blah: But I did mine today. Cake. Its a turn and an 1/8th. Not rocket science. :D Cant wait to get the 06 out to the dunes. Never ridden there before. Mostly a trail guy. All the guys in the shop I work at (auto repair) ride Yami. One shee, two raptors and a 450. Course the 450 is really a 480 now. And the shee is heavily modified so Im assuming they will beat me. Im a good rider tho, Ill give em a run if I can get them to actually ride with some turns involved. :devil:

eagertorace
01-24-2006, 06:38 PM
I have the 06 with the hrc kit and rode it awhile like that. The power was amazing everywhere. Then I decided to use the sparks big core full pipe, it was like going from a stock r to a hrc r again! I didn't think that there would be much of a difference by changing pipes because the hrc header is bigger in diameter than the sparks header and the silencer is not all that restricted. So if anyone is wondering whether or not to change pipes, CHANGE TO A FULL SYSTEM. My first ride with this pipe felt like it was going to pull my arms off:eek2: it's a screamin torque monster.:macho
later

KRMit
01-25-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by eagertorace
I have the 06 with the hrc kit and rode it awhile like that. The power was amazing everywhere. Then I decided to use the sparks big core full pipe, it was like going from a stock r to a hrc r again! I didn't think that there would be much of a difference by changing pipes because the hrc header is bigger in diameter than the sparks header and the silencer is not all that restricted. So if anyone is wondering whether or not to change pipes, CHANGE TO A FULL SYSTEM. My first ride with this pipe felt like it was going to pull my arms off:eek2: it's a screamin torque monster.:macho
later Do you think a slip-on with the HRC header would be as good?

eagertorace
01-25-2006, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by KRMit
Do you think a slip-on with the HRC header would be as good?

maybe...if you could get one. (slip on for the hrc header)

Abrannan19
01-26-2006, 08:31 PM
does anybody know what the top speed of the 06 with the HRC kit is i know stock is around 76 and i think you gain like 900 or 1200 RPM with the HRC kit ..sumthing like that and I was just curios to know..thanks

aroracer72
01-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Top HP numbers at a local dealer with a HRC kit was 49.4hp.

Then we added a full aftermarket exhaust, and it jumped to 53hp.

Then we put on a pro design mount plate and high flow filter, took the airbox lid completely off and tuned it with a O2 sensor, and it pulled 55.2hp!!!!!!.

Needless to say i had to take it down the road and i came back with a big arse grin on my face!!! (I dont own one yet, but id love to have one!!!)
CHAD

*NOTICE*
these numbers are with a professional dyno, but dyno results may very due to weather and climate and tunning. But teh numbers posted are honest to my experiences

spdygonzalez450
01-26-2006, 11:52 PM
wow that is crazy 55hp wow. do u have a pic of the dyno run. i want to prove to some people that is it possible, my dad really haha just odes not believe me that it is possible. haha any ways thanks later

aroracer72
01-27-2006, 04:15 AM
Ive been trying to get a copy of the dyno sheet, but the dealer is now feeding me excuses for why i cant post the dyno sheets.......i dont know why, there prolly scared theyd get in trouble for soem reason??...but ill keep trying.
CHAD

spincr4hire
01-27-2006, 06:01 AM

does the HRC kit come with a tool to adjust the accelerator pump with? because its virtually impossible to adjust without one, unless you dremel a slot for a screwdriver in it.

YardDog24
01-27-2006, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
does the HRC kit come with a tool to adjust the accelerator pump with? because its virtually impossible to adjust without one, unless you dremel a slot for a screwdriver in it.

Mine came with a tool so the 06 kit comes with one. :D

spincr4hire
01-30-2006, 01:11 PM
post a pic of it then. My dealership says there is no such thing.

Jonas
01-30-2006, 01:22 PM
The '06 HRC kit comes with a black plastic tool to adjust the accelerator pump.

Jonas
01-30-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by aroracer72
Top HP numbers at a local dealer with a HRC kit was 49.4hp.

Then we added a full aftermarket exhaust, and it jumped to 53hp.

Then we put on a pro design mount plate and high flow filter, took the airbox lid completely off and tuned it with a O2 sensor, and it pulled 55.2hp!!!!!!.

Needless to say i had to take it down the road and i came back with a big arse grin on my face!!! (I dont own one yet, but id love to have one!!!)
CHAD

*NOTICE*
these numbers are with a professional dyno, but dyno results may very due to weather and climate and tunning. But teh numbers posted are honest to my experiences

As you noted, dyno's vary. Most people are getting 43-45 peak horse out of the '06 w/HRC kit. I would like to see a sheet on a pipe that can significantly improve power over the kit. It's time for a pipe shootout which includes the HRC pipe.

aroracer72
01-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Were your dyno runs that your refferring to using TT tires or the stock tires????
CHAD

bic's 450R
01-31-2006, 07:13 AM
ok, for those of you who have installed the HRC kit, how hard is it to do? I've done all the suspension work other various items on my quad, with success. So I'm just wondering how tough this is and approx. how many hours are tied up in this project. thanks for the info.

Zeke
01-14-2007, 06:45 PM
it is not too hard. just dont put the lifters in upside down like i did!! they are 30 bucks a piece.

ricks450
01-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Zeke
it is not too hard. just dont put the lifters in upside down like i did!! they are 30 bucks a piece. i know that sucked and made for a bad day.