PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Cable Madness

Pra3torian
10-23-2005, 08:44 PM
My drunk clutch cable is acting like a vagabond. Everytime I let my atv sit in the shed for like 3 weeks, when i try and turn the bad boy on, it just stalls out when I shift into first gear (while still holding the clutch all the way). I then readjust my clutch cable and with a little guess work I get the jazz to work fine.

This problem happens everytime I store my 4ooex for a few weeks on end, should I get the clutch cable changed? Why is god punishing me?

cals400ex
10-23-2005, 09:35 PM
a lot of times when the bike is cold and i start it then put it in gear it will die. this happens on my 426 and my 450r from time to time.

Pra3torian
10-23-2005, 09:38 PM
Does this coincide with the clutch cable because mine seems dependent upon the clutch cable as it doesn't matter how long i wait for the 400ex to warm up in neutral, it still just shuts off right when I hold the clutch and go down to first gear.

Then i fiddle with the cable and all is fixed. I don't know if my clutch is crappy or if my cable is the culprit.

shorgasm
10-24-2005, 08:21 AM
The plates will stick together after long periods of nonuse...best way to fight it is to just grab the clutch a few times while it isd not being used.