PDA

View Full Version : my rims lost their shine..

WhiteYFZ
10-23-2005, 08:25 PM
my rims lost their shine today after i rode wtih them for the first time..what can i polish them with..please help me the ylook like ****..thanks ..i appreciate it..

Sjorge450R
10-23-2005, 08:33 PM
mothers mag and aluminem polish. This stuff works wonders. It's high priced but it is worth it. I used it on my wheels after I bough my quad and the guy i bought it from never took care of the wheels and i used this and they look like new.

Mxjunkie
10-23-2005, 09:05 PM
Mothers will clean them up

I use it on mine after every washing.

deejayeb
10-23-2005, 10:20 PM
If you wanna see the difference mothers aluminum polish will make go to my thread "400ex project bike" in this forum - the bottle of stuff is like 4 bucks and you can do all 4 wheels like 7 times. I recommend getting a polishing wheel that attaches to a drill to save you ALOT of time and elbow greese. Actually just check this pic out. nevermind going to the thread

peace

QuadJunkies
10-23-2005, 10:55 PM
We got threw ALOT of Mothers, so I agree 100%^^^!!

So ,anyone know a link to where I can order a buffing kit ??? I went locally and all they had was those BIG HUGE round car buffers, they said its out of season so I cant find anything on the shelves around here until spring :rolleyes: a friend of mine sent me a link to a kit, but I lost the link :ermm:

Ive got some of that stuff called blue Magic( I think thats what its called) and something else in a silver can from Autozone that you apply after you buff it, its like some protective coating of some kind

Sjorge450R
10-24-2005, 07:06 AM
PEP boys should have it. I saw one there but i never had a need to buy it.

QuadJunkies
10-24-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
PEP boys should have it. I saw one there but i never had a need to buy it. I dont think we hae one of those here .:(

QuadJunkies
10-24-2005, 09:48 AM
nevermind, I found it! ;)

http://www.caswellplating.com/buffs/alpolkit.htm

This is what I was told to get... I guess Ill order one on Pay Day

cjkranz
10-25-2005, 08:39 AM
Mothers all the way. I think Walmart even has it.

Sjorge450R
10-28-2005, 08:24 AM
RMATV also carries it now.

luvmyex
10-30-2005, 06:54 AM
thats a perfect kit quadjunkie. mothers is good for touch up but that will do it right.

QuadJunkies
10-30-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by luvmyex
thats a perfect kit quadjunkie. mothers is good for touch up but that will do it right. Thats good then!... Cause I ordered one Thurs. so I should be trying it out this week sometime :)

WhiteYFZ
10-30-2005, 02:54 PM
i have that and i used it and my rims like have black spots now.....what am i doing wrong???

QuadJunkies
10-30-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by tjespo22
i have that and i used it and my rims like have black spots now.....what am i doing wrong??? Id call and ask them, they seemd like really nice folks to deal with.;)

yellow400ex05
10-30-2005, 04:31 PM
If you took a brand spankin new HMF poiliseh pipe and polished it right after it came out of the box would it make it like way shinier?

rmz250
10-31-2005, 08:12 PM
what do you think.

QuadJunkies
10-31-2005, 08:30 PM
I shined up new aluminum beofre straight out of the box and it made it even more shiny .:)

Mikesamillion
11-01-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Thats good then!... Cause I ordered one Thurs. so I should be trying it out this week sometime :)

i dont think you are getting all the compound off. after you apply the polish and rub it in real good it will turn black. you need a new/clean rag or buffing/polishing wheel to remove the polish. if you are using any type of polish by hand (no buffing/polishing wheels) your gonna break a sweat. if you dont, your not doing it right.

QuadJunkies
11-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Mikesamillion
i dont think you are getting all the compound off. after you apply the polish and rub it in real good it will turn black. you need a new/clean rag or buffing/polishing wheel to remove the polish. if you are using any type of polish by hand (no buffing/polishing wheels) your gonna break a sweat. if you dont, your not doing it right.

I think you quoted the wrong person?? I never said you wouldnt :huh I boguht the polishing kit because I have tendonitis and all the elbow grease would KILL my Arms. The guy I boight the kit from said to use a good drill and it should only take 4-5 hours for both wheels . Yes- I knew that about polishes being balck, Ive seen that before .

Mikesamillion
11-01-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I think you quoted the wrong person?? I never said you wouldnt :huh I boguht the polishing kit because I have tendonitis and all the elbow grease would KILL my Arms. The guy I boight the kit from said to use a good drill and it should only take 4-5 hours for both wheels . Yes- I knew that about polishes being balck, Ive seen that before .

ya sorry. that message was supposed to be for the guy that started this thread. damn quote buttons. my bad:grr:

QuadJunkies
11-01-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Mikesamillion
ya sorry. that message was supposed to be for the guy that started this thread. damn quote buttons. my bad:grr: :p ;)