PDA

View Full Version : Joined the dark side...YFZ Resistor&Lights

infantry317
10-23-2005, 05:08 PM
Please don't flame me, I searched for 20min and didn't spot my answer. My 04 YFZ has the resistor kit installed, do I have to remove or unplug it to run the lights without overcharging the battery?
Thanks

daddio
10-23-2005, 06:33 PM
I don't know for sure if you have to unplug the ceramic resistor, but I do when I run the lights. just make sure to remove the wire tap, and re-plug in the stock resistor. I do know that if one of the wires becoms disconnected, you fry your stator.

atvrulz
10-23-2005, 08:25 PM
To run the lights with the resistor kit, just unplug the cord coming from the ceramic block, and the two ends you just unpluged from the ceramic block cord, plug those two cords together. the ceramic part of My reisistor kit, cracked in half after two weeks of using it. After that, another batterY went dead right away. I Dont want to spend the money for the trail tech solution, so i put my headlights back on and now, no more dead batterys and my yfz runs awesome.

infantry317
10-24-2005, 06:27 AM
thanks

Q35
10-24-2005, 08:55 AM
Scott, I just used mine all weekend at the dunes and you can leave the resistor plugged in when running lights. And I did it all last winter after my battery failed and I bought the resistor kit.