PDA

View Full Version : Desert dog

Max400
09-23-2001, 11:05 PM
Does anyone know where to get a pair of those Kenda "Desert dog" tires that are in the Oct. Issue of Dirt wheels? They are sweet looking tires, but find any place that sells them.........

09-24-2001, 08:10 AM
They must just be brand new, I couldn't find them advertised anywhere either. I was toying with the idea of getting those as well.

Max400
09-24-2001, 08:47 PM
Yeah they are a neat looking tire, kinda like a beefed up stock tire. well if you find them anywhere let me know and I'll do the same if I find them!

Nausty
09-24-2001, 09:23 PM
http://kendatires.com/atv.htm

Max400
09-24-2001, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the link, but they don't have them either! they have the dirt dog but no desert dog. maybe it's so new that they haven't updated there web site.

Nausty
09-24-2001, 09:36 PM
yeah probably I didn't take much time to look through the site I just tried a couple of addresses they might use and put it down.

09-25-2001, 09:29 PM
they might be a little heavy though
6ply.

4punksdad
09-27-2001, 05:38 PM
if you get a set, let us know how they work..........maybe you can do a product review for leo?

Max400
09-27-2001, 07:34 PM
I will do that for sure. I need new tires and I was leaning towards some razrs, until I got the Oct. issue of Dirt Wheels and saw the desert dogs. I shop at onoffroad.com, their supply house is near me and I'm going to ask them to check with Kenda about getting a set.
I'll do a review as soon as I get them.......

inacoma91
09-27-2001, 09:08 PM
When you do get a set tell me how much you paid for them. I am getting ready to buy tires before snow falls. I planned on getting either Razrs or Shredders. Since i saw the tire thing in dirt wheels like you all i am lookin into these also. Main thing to me is how they ware and how long they last. So if you could tell us how soft they are when you first get them that would help out a bunch.

Andrew

timewass
12-11-2002, 11:54 AM
I've had my Desert Dogs for 3 months now and they look almost like new. They go very well in 12" or less of snow with 2.5 PSI in them. I was a bit skeptical at first because they are 6 ply, but they are very light for their strength. I could maybe do a review on them soon.

ranger400ex
12-11-2002, 02:37 PM
They are no longer called desert dogs. They are the Knarly and Klaw(Not Bearclaw, KLAW) series. (They are in Dirtwheels and most of the magazines, if not I can get them for cheap if you are interested. ) I have the Klaws for GNCC and harescrambles, and the two others who race with me have full sets. one does all mx, and John does XC and occasional MX. I will put them up against ANY tire out there, on the trail or in a race. Hands down the best sport tire out there, just not alot of people have them or have tried them(I bought three sets!!!) The Knarly I used for one of the local HS that is notorious for rocks and the held up great, just a bit heavier, but not anywhere near as heavey as the holeshots, or bandits. I went an entire season on a set of klaws with stock rims with absolutely no flats, tears, puntures or tires coming off the bead. (I still have two of the sets mint, which are going on the blaze and a stock z-400) I will get a pic if you are interested. In the Klaws they offer several different sizes(front and Rear) along with MX or XC versions, the knarly is a rear application only for XC/brutal racing or those who ride alot of "tough" areas.
I won't go back to holeshots or razers, too expensive and not anywhere near what people say. They suck in mud, spin really bad for high HP machines(ie cannondales, 440ex, etc), and don't last very long.

http://www.mta-la.com/Klaw&Knarlytires.htm

Ben

derekhonda
12-11-2002, 06:11 PM
hey ben its derek, from lebanon

how much you want for a set, im in the market for rears. I was thinkin about getting another set of razrs but mine have lasted me about 8 months of just trail riding, looking for a better tire. Let me know. Thanks

derekhonda
12-11-2002, 06:12 PM
and i suppose if its cheap enough fronts too:)